Randomly deleted contacts

venture996

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I use exchange server 2007 under HTC mail, plus gmail via the Google mail app. Several of my favorite/speed dial entries have been randomly deleted over the last few weeks.

I finally tracked down the issue -- Skype! Once I deleted Skype the random deletions have stopped. I thought that it could be related to HTC mail trying to link Google contacts with exchange contacts, but based on my experience since I removed Skype I am pretty sure it is Skype.

Not sure why this just happened to contacts in Speed Dial or Favorites, but if you have been having this problem try uninstalling Skype. Good luck.

arnmsctt

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting this info and saving me a few headaches. I installed skype a few days ago and I found that my girlfriend's contact info was deleted today. She was my only skype contact so I didn't lose anybody else but this is a huge bug in their software. If I hadn't read your post, I wouldn't have had any idea why that was happening. Uninstalled.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's screwy as all get out. You may want to shoot their dev team an email about it.

*Edit**
Did a bit of reading and it seems that if at any point you have merged the contact info on your phone with Skype etc, when you delete the info on skype it will delete it from your phone book too. Maybe it auto merges if you didn't do it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2