Expecting delivery today and I'm so excited that my sphincter is tingling. Question- can I play with the phone while it's charging initially or does it need to be completely off? Thanks.
    06-30-2010 05:14 AM
    Get it plug out in and play with it you will be fine. The battery will be terrible regardless.
    Also don't sync vzw backup assistant just stick with Google. Not sure if the face book sync works better now cause I don't use face book.
    06-30-2010 05:35 AM
    Did you already make a gmail account and back your phone up to it..that makes the initial swap nice and easy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    06-30-2010 05:49 AM
    Makya,

I just created gmail account and was planning on using backup assist to get contacts from old phone to Dinc- are you suggesting that I can transfer my phone contact to gmail? Thanks for your help.
    06-30-2010 07:51 AM
    Makya,

I just created gmail account and was planning on using backup assist to get contacts from old phone to Dinc- are you suggesting that I can transfer my phone contact to gmail? Thanks for your help.
    yes you can do that. after you run backup assistant on your OLD phone one last time. you an go online to myverizon, and then download your contacts to a CSV file.
    1. Login to myverizon
    2. click on CONTACTS
    3. then CONTINUE TO BACKUP ASSISTANT
    4. Click on the link next to view to change it to LIST view.
    5. make sure ALL is selected in the alphabet range.
    6. click SELECT ALL
    7. then click on that gear looking icon, choose EXPORT, then OK. it should be set on outlook CSV.

Once that is done, it will open up an excel sheet. save that to your desktop and close it.
    Now login to gmail and follow these steps:
    1. go to CONTACTS
    2. click on IMPORT
    3. Choose the file and click OK.

Now your contacts will be in your gmail. You can also transfer your old contacts from your old email account the same way (if you had a previous email address).

Once you get your contacts in there, you may have to merge a few if they didn't merge automatically. to do that, select multiple contacts at a time, the ones that should be listed as one contact, and click "Merge these X contacts..."

Might be a hassle at first, but once you get it straight and maintain it, you will be set and it won't be hard to manage. after you do this, you won't need backup assistant on your new phone, so skip that step when you set it up. if you do set it up accidentally, you cannot get rid of it unless you do a factory reset.
    06-30-2010 10:47 AM
    If you use Outlook you can also export your contacts, and import them to Google. When you get your phone, and add your gmail account, your contacts will be loaded. Scary easy
    06-30-2010 10:56 AM
    Any other helpful set-up tips? My phone should be here within the next hour!
    06-30-2010 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD