Interesting article that came out yesterday: Droid Incredible Not Being Discontinued, Is Dropping AMOLED | PhoneNews.com

it states "It will also likely include Android 2.2, Froyo out of the box, along with Mobile Hotspot. The original Droid Incredible will later receive these features in an upcoming firmware update."
    06-30-2010 09:07 AM
    Interesting article that came out yesterday: Droid Incredible Not Being Discontinued, Is Dropping AMOLED | PhoneNews.com

it states "It will also likely include Android 2.2, Froyo out of the box, along with Mobile Hotspot. The original Droid Incredible will later receive these features in an upcoming firmware update."
    Im sorry but Im calling BS. Verizon would not ship 2.2 and leave all those who already bought hanging, just not going to happen.
    Even for Verizon that would be a retarded PR move!
    06-30-2010 09:18 AM
    Agreed with the being BS. If the new Incredibles would be shipped with Froyo, then why wouldn't the Droid X be shipped with it.
    06-30-2010 09:27 AM
    Yeah, I read through the comments on the post and someone asked where they got this information... answer:

"We do not disclose sources, something that recent events have only prompted us to redouble our efforts to protect."
    06-30-2010 09:29 AM
    I agree; it's BS. Verizon wouldn't do that to it's userbase (not after the pathetic shipping, backorders, etc.)
    06-30-2010 09:29 AM
    Wow, that sounds like a load of complete bullocks.
    06-30-2010 09:37 AM
    +1 on bullocks...lol
    06-30-2010 09:38 AM
    That would be great I'd its true. I'm not mad I've had mine from launch.. are it would be a win win for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    06-30-2010 09:40 AM
    I'd think the Incredible would be one of the last of the Verizon Android phones to officially get Froyo, not the first.
    06-30-2010 10:32 AM
    Agreed with the being BS. If the new Incredibles would be shipped with Froyo, then why wouldn't the Droid X be shipped with it.
    They are different devices from different manufacturers.

I would imagine.. first the manufacturer has to present a revision and then the carrier approves and deploys it. So just because HTC is going for it.. doesn't mean motorola will.

Next.. if new devices are being shipped w/ 2.2.. then 2.2 would be available for OTA.. so thats not sounding to cool.
    06-30-2010 10:45 AM
    It's possible. I mean they wouldn't be leaving current owners hanging, once the upgrade is available you'll get the upgrade notice on your phone, the new ones will have it out of the box. Verizon sometimes update phones midway once it's available out of the box. Nothing is more frustrating then when you purchase a brand new phone, you turn it on and about to use it and then get notified of a major upgrade forcing you to wait for it to complete.
    06-30-2010 11:00 AM
    Yea if the new shipping date is late July then hopefully the update rolls out sometime between now and then.
    06-30-2010 11:38 AM
    I'm just glad i got mine when I did. I heart my screen
    06-30-2010 11:47 AM
    Doesn't 2.2 on the incredible have to do with HTC anyway, since they're the one who's skinning it? And they said Q3 of this year.
    06-30-2010 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD