Seriously thinking of going back to my BlackBerry Storm...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible is ten times the unit the Storm is in every way but email. I still think BB beats Android on email. I DO NOT like gmail and want to use my Yahoo mail...been with that account for over 12 years and EVERYTHING is tied to it.

I have been trying both Maildroid and Seven Beta to usemy Yahoo mail but neither works as well as oem BB set up. With the BB mail I can choose to delete mail off of the phone, or the server or both. Cannot do that as far as I can see with Incredible.

Neither Seven nor Maildroid has been reliable for PUSH for me either. Sometimes a message willgo right thru, other times it takes minutes or hours!

My wife and I work different shifts and email is how we talk to each other. I need email that is right there, right now. ANd I either need to be able to delete off phone and save on server or have access via the phone to my various yahoo folders.

Any tips to help keep me using the Incredible?

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my msn account for about 11 years and I just have it forwarded to my gmail, push works well enough for me.. or you could try doing what just about everyone else does and text..

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I use K-9 for my email. I have a comcast account that I have had for over 10 years. It isn't push, but it checks every one minute, so it is almost immediate for my purposes. And if you ever used the integrated mailboxes on BB it also do this function pretty well.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible is ten times the unit the Storm is in every way but email. I still think BB beats Android on email. I DO NOT like gmail and want to use my Yahoo mail...been with that account for over 12 years and EVERYTHING is tied to it.

I have been trying both Maildroid and Seven Beta to usemy Yahoo mail but neither works as well as oem BB set up. With the BB mail I can choose to delete mail off of the phone, or the server or both. Cannot do that as far as I can see with Incredible.

Neither Seven nor Maildroid has been reliable for PUSH for me either. Sometimes a message willgo right thru, other times it takes minutes or hours!

My wife and I work different shifts and email is how we talk to each other. I need email that is right there, right now. ANd I either need to be able to delete off phone and save on server or have access via the phone to my various yahoo folders.

Couldn't you and your wife just text each other? :eek:

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would just forward the Yahoo! to a gmail, if you had to have mail right there, right now.

for a more instant and simpler solution why not either text like suggested or even instant messenger.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Just FWI, you can't forward Yahoo email unless you pay for the premium yahoo email, so that rules out forwarding to Gmail.

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just FWI, you can't forward Yahoo email unless you pay for the premium yahoo email, so that rules out forwarding to Gmail.

You don't have to pay if you go to My Account>Set language, site, and time zone>YahooAsia and then go to your Forwarding settings and set it up to forward to a gmail account, that is exactly what I do b/c all of my accounts are linked to yahoo also. It works like a charm :D (apparently you don't have to pay for Yahoo Mail Plus in Asia)

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Why anyone would choose to stay on yahoo these days is beyond me. You can transfer your contacts and everything else... its easy to switch.

There's no good reason to stay.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This guy is the kind of person who keeps their AOL account 15 years later. The Incredible is not the phone for him because he refuses to use anything but yahoo email to chat with his wife.

End of story.

Google and Yahoo don't mix well. Go back to your berry if yahoo mail is so important to you.

Come on now, be nice :)

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
AOL was a joke. My wife is a paralegal setting at a desk and email is best for her.

I have premium yahoo acct and did the forward to gmail thing for a bit.

Main gripe is not bein
g able to pick how i delete my mail.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Main gripe is not being able to pick how i delete my mail.

I agree, that was a big change for me too. Kind of get used to it after a while.

There is a setting within K-9 that you can switch back and forth, but you can't do it for each specific email like with BB.

sgtmilstack

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I'd say sell the Incredible if you demand the best Yahoo! email experience and that need is priority. BlackBerry is imo Alpha Dog in the email department.

I came from a BB Storm and the email delivery was (and is) fantastic. I use Gmail as my main email service, so I'm good.