Yahoo mail / email app

dsilver#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any detail on this app?

How exactly does push work? Is there ANY interval?

Do you need to open the app when you turn on your phone to receive emails or notifications?

Does it work with wifi?

I'm having issues with notifications for new mail. I tried removing the account (not the app) and re-logging in (removal should NOT be called removal if it's really just log-out b/c it saves your password in the PW field anyway).

Like most people I use gmail for 90% of my emails, but the 10% I DO use Yahoo for is official stuff, like account info for all my dozens of accounts and services that I use (amazon, airlines, etc).

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The push is great, as well as the UI. But you have to open each email to delete them?! Can't pick severla emails from inbox to delete?? Really?? Doesn't support long press for options from inbox.

Doesn't support pinch and zoom, but does have the little magnifying glass options to enlarge/shrink.

Can't send emails from different screen names, just your primary.

Does give you access to all folders which is nice.

Seems a little slow in loading.

I do like having a different email icon in the notice bar up top so I don't have to guess whcih account I just got an email from.

Last complaint - can't change the notification sound.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The push is great, as well as the UI. But you have to open each email to delete them?! Can't pick severla emails from inbox to delete?? Really?? Doesn't support long press for options from inbox.

Doesn't support pinch and zoom, but does have the little magnifying glass options to enlarge/shrink.

Can't send emails from different screen names, just your primary.

Does give you access to all folders which is nice.

Seems a little slow in loading.

I do like having a different email icon in the notice bar up top so I don't have to guess whcih account I just got an email from.

Last complaint - can't change the notification sound.

Actually you can pick multiple emails to delete. At the top right corner of the inbox, there's an edit button. If you press that, if gives you the option to move, delete or mark as spam and it lets you pick multiple emails.

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Initial impression is that it has a slick interface. Does it support multiple accounts though? I can't find an option to add more accounts.

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Y
Actually you can pick multiple emails to delete. At the top right corner of the inbox, there's an edit button. If you press that, if gives you the option to move, delete or mark as spam and it lets you pick multiple emails.

You are right! I spoke too soon. Thanks for pointing that out.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Been looking for a good app to use with my Yahoo account and this ones seems to be a keeper!!

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when I clicked on a link in an email it didn't open up my browser.
Same thing happens to me, but it's intermittent. Sometimes links open, sometimes nothing.

Also I wish I had the ability to change the notification sound to vibrate (or silent). Right now it looks like the only choice is on (with sound) or off. Unfortunately that means I have to turn it off completely, because I don't want sound on while I'm at work.

But it's not bad for the first version. Better than yahoo on the stock email client, and IMO it's a better UI than the yahoo mobile site. I hope future updates will give us multiple account access

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Same thing happens to me, but it's intermittent. Sometimes links open, sometimes nothing.

Also I wish I had the ability to change the notification sound to vibrate (or silent). Right now it looks like the only choice is on (with sound) or off. Unfortunately that means I have to turn it off completely, because I don't want sound on while I'm at work.

But it's not bad for the first version. Better than yahoo on the stock email client, and IMO it's a better UI than the yahoo mobile site. I hope future updates will give us multiple account access

I'm still gonna keep this app. The stock email app doesn't even let me check my email.....lol I can see this turning out to be a great app!!

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm still gonna keep this app. The stock email app doesn't even let me check my email.....lol I can see this turning out to be a great app!!

I'm keeping it too. I think it will be a great app as well and am curious to see how often they update and what updates they will bring.

spepin#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I found that when push is working, it works well, but more often than not, it doesn't work. Today, the app was totally useless -- every time I'd try to use it, it would force close. Had to uninstall nad reinstall to get it operational again.

NYMetsfan

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This app is super slow on my dInc.. =(((

Mine is slow too. I can't seem to download picture attachments, it takes too long. My doesn't seem to be pushing my mail though, I have to access the app and it 'checks for mail' meanwhile the email is already received.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Think I experience that once during the initial setup, but think it was do to a typo.

So if you can configure it with http://forum.androidcentral.com/89932-post5.html is there any need for the app?

I tried this route and it didn't really work for me. Sometimes it would tell me that I had the incorrect password even after checking my mail 10 minutes prior.

No problems with the app so far though.

NYMetsfan

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Think I experience that once during the initial setup, but think it was do to a typo.

So if you can configure it with http://forum.androidcentral.com/89932-post5.html is there any need for the app?

I just did the above setup and it works well, that way I can filter both gmail and yahoo into one widget. I cannot get the Yahoo app not to crash. I wasn't getting Yahoo email pushed, it had given me several 'force close' error messages, so it wasn't pushing the email. So I did as I saw posted here, I uninstalled and reinstalled, it pushed 1 message then crashed again. I plan on continuing with the setup above. it seems a little slower to load, but at least it is getting the messages and isn't crashing.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you elaborate how you got them into one widget?

I have a personal yahoo.com account and a yahoo business account.

I just did the above setup and it works well, that way I can filter both gmail and yahoo into one widget. I cannot get the Yahoo app not to crash. I wasn't getting Yahoo email pushed, it had given me several 'force close' error messages, so it wasn't pushing the email. So I did as I saw posted here, I uninstalled and reinstalled, it pushed 1 message then crashed again. I plan on continuing with the setup above. it seems a little slower to load, but at least it is getting the messages and isn't crashing.