Stupid Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sere81

May 2, 2010
Visit site
this is some bs for real. When a new version of windows comes out do I have to wait for compaq, dell, etc to get their hands on it first.

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
this is some bs for real. When a new version of windows comes out do I have to wait for compaq, dell, etc to get their hands on it first.

Don't forget that there's additional work to be done to make sure it is fully compatible with specific phones and UIs after it is released (unlike with computers - where although they have different hardware they conform to the same standards). I'm sure HTC is working as hard as they can right now on this and will release it as soon as it is ready - right now they are in a race with Moto and the first phone maker that can get 2.2 out will have an advantage...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Yes but if you just simply install windows without the proper device manufactures drivers nothing works. Screw your head on......

Sere81

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes but if you just simply install windows without the proper device manufactures drivers nothing works. Screw your head on......

if by drivers you mean making sure sense ui, city id, footprints and all the other crapware that came on this phone will work properly they can save their time because I don't use it anyway.

You screw your head on, when you buy a pc do you have to hack it and root it to delete bundled software that came with it?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
if by drivers you mean making sure sense ui, city id, footprints and all the other crapware that came on this phone will work properly they can save their time because I don't use it anyway.

You screw your head on, when you buy a pc do you have to hack it and root it to delete bundled software that came with it?

You use Sense UI every time you pick up your phone... Take away Sense, and you lose A LOT of functionality that makes the Incredible such a great phone...

That's the great thing about phones, there are so many available... If you don't like this one, exchange it for another that has received the 2.2 update and be happy once again!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

No by drivers I mean like for the SD card reader, CDMA radio, WiFi Radio, processor etc the phone has in it. Quit being dumb about it dude, the phone hasn't even been out that long, and they haven't even nailed down Froyo on the Nexus yet....sheesh. And as far as "hacking" and deleting bundled software on purchase systems...yes you obviously have never bought an HP, Dell, or Gateway. Any time I've ever setup a new PC for someone I end up spending at least 30 min. to and hour deleting AOL, eBay links etc. Wow.......

City ID you have an arguement with, but Footprints and Sense is SENSE UI....you knew it came on the phone. So get off your high horse and either take this god aweful phone back or do the time and root it and get rid of the stuff like I did ;) I'm sure I'll be running Froyo here soon too, but then again it may be too hard for you to do.

Sere81

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I feel like I'm talking to the customer in the evo vs iPhone4 video. The point I'm making is, and read slowly if your comprehension skills are not that advanced, is that when you buy a pc you are able to delete any unwanted programs that come preinstalled. You do not need to root/ hack into the pc to delete them.

Froyo seems to be more of an update like win7 was over vista,. And not like vista was over xp where there were all kinds of problems.

You people are missing the point, we shouldn't have to root to delete crapware. We will see how much Yall whine too when the evo gets froyo before we do.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Since you have gone of one a tangent the answer to this question is yes. All of these companies get their hands on it before you. In some cases these companies actually work with Microsoft in the development of the OS. I know people for Microsoft whose exact job wasworking with Dell on Win 7 optimization.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I feel like I'm talking to the customer in the evo vs iPhone4 video. The point I'm making is, and read slowly if your comprehension skills are not that advanced, is that when you buy a pc you are able to delete any unwanted programs that come preinstalled. You do not need to root/ hack into the pc to delete them.

Froyo seems to be more of an update like win7 was over vista,. And not like vista was over xp where there were all kinds of problems.

You people are missing the point, we shouldn't have to root to delete crapware. We will see how much Yall whine too when the evo gets froyo before we do.

You are talking about something completely different. You originally asked ut loading a OS update from a different device to yours, which should be pretty obvious that it would not work. Think in terms of BB's. There are many devices all using OS5.0 (varying builds) yet you cannot load an OS for a Bold 9650 on a Storm 9550.

You are confusing drivers, which are device specific, for software. Does it suck that you cant remove preloaded programs without root? Yes, but there is nothing you can do about it unless you root. Also in regards to the EVO getting Froyo first is not true. Once HTC builds sense over it it will be available. Whether Big Red approves is a whole different story. We shall see

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

You started talking about putting a compiled OS build from a different device on your device. We answered you.

You then went off on a tangent about something completely different about how you don't have to wait on dell to install windows on a dell computer you just install it. I then answered you yes you can install windows on any machine but it's not going to work without the proper drivers. IE the Froyo install from the N1 won't work without have the drivers for the Incredible compiled into it. (Simplified answer but gets the point across.)

Then you decide to go off on another tangent about how it's not right we have to have root to remove apps. WTF are you on about, installing a different OS or removing apps?

As far as upgrade etc, Froyo is like jumping from Windows 98 to Windows 7 as far as speed etc is concerned. I know I'm probably talking terms you don't understand, but JIT makes everything A LOT faster as long as the app is compiled to take advantage of it.

Funny you should say your talking to the customer in the iPhone versus Evo video because we all feel the same way about you. So if you need anymore answers I hear you can get them at Walgreens.

(If I knew all this would go here I would have told you to go ahead and give the Froyo install a whirl, bam bricked phone, it's people like you that really make me question why people help around here.)

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
and on that note...... the thread is getting closed... you guys can thank the select few who hi-jacked the thread and couldn't continue the thread in a respectful manor and couldn't just drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech