Droid Incredible in Israel Call / Text Alternative apps

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm taking my Incredible to Israel in two days. I already plan on setting up the unlimited international data plan for 64.99 while im there (a month) but am curious if there were any alternative apps to call back home to the USA via my data plan (not using minutes at 1.99 per minute) or to text back and forth from home. I'd normally ask my friends to text me using Gtalk, but my girlfriend doesn't have a smartphone and can't do that. I'm gonna ask VZW to block all texts, but is there any app I can throw on the phone to still accept / send texts for free? I do have a texting plan with VZW, but international texting plans are ridiculous.

Thanks.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Skype, Google voice, and there is another one out there that while not totally free are cheaper than paying the phone plan. Google voice was ridiculous how cheap international calls where on it. Not too sure what free alternatives there are (even though skype would be free if the person you where calling had a skype account and you weren't calling a landline! Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1