I'm currently waiting on my incredible, I now have an Env2. I'm going camping in a week and a half and don't really want to take the Incredible with me. If I activate it can I switch back to my Env after a few days?? Is that easy to do, or would I be better off just leaving the Incredible in the box until I get out of the woods??

I'd really like to activate it, but don't want to mess with it on my trip really, with the Env if it falls into the water or the fire I'm not going to care

Thanks for the help, Allison.
    07-03-2010 01:05 PM
    *228 from the phone you want active with the other off. Follow the voice instructions. My kids do it all the time.

sent from my badass incredible via taptalk
    Blah likes this.
    07-03-2010 01:08 PM
    I'm currently waiting on my incredible, I now have an Env2. I'm going camping in a week and a half and don't really want to take the Incredible with me. If I activate it can I switch back to my Env after a few days?? Is that easy to do, or would I be better off just leaving the Incredible in the box until I get out of the woods??

I'd really like to activate it, but don't want to mess with it on my trip really, with the Env if it falls into the water or the fire I'm not going to care

Thanks for the help, Allison.
    My father and I swap phones all the time, and Verizon does it for free, early cancellation fees are only for if you end your contract. So you can put service on you Inc then the day before camping go in and swap back and when you get back you can swap again.

P.S. You do not need to write a signature.
    07-03-2010 01:11 PM
    Thanks guys....I thought you could do this but I've never tried it before.
    07-03-2010 01:26 PM
    Easiest way I've found is log into My Verizon on the verizonwireless website. Click on activate phone. Follow the directions. When it's done it will tell you to *228 option 1 and your ready to roll. Takes every bit of about 2 minutes or less.
    07-03-2010 02:38 PM
    This is something I've always wondered about myself. Great question and simple answer.
    07-03-2010 02:39 PM
    Should be as simple as *228 however...

My battery died the other day at work and I forgot to bring my charger with so I tried to re-activate my old phone with *228 and got transferred to customer service. They had to do something on their system, then I had to re-do the *228 and I was golden. But to switch back when I got home was the same routine.

I'm not sure why it didn't work automatically - maybe it will for you. Either way, it was free and took less than 5 minutes.
    07-03-2010 05:25 PM
    Should be as simple as *228 however...

My battery died the other day at work and I forgot to bring my charger with so I tried to re-activate my old phone with *228 and got transferred to customer service. They had to do something on their system, then I had to re-do the *228 and I was golden. But to switch back when I got home was the same routine.

I'm not sure why it didn't work automatically - maybe it will for you. Either way, it was free and took less than 5 minutes.
    They have to have the phone number and MEID number of the device to activate on the network. That's why you got transferred because the MEID number wasn't active on their network. When you do it from their website you do all that yourself instead of wait on them to pull the information from the device and do it. Same end game just a different way to get there.
    07-03-2010 07:01 PM
    What everybody else said. Works like a charm. My wife and I do this frequently when we travel overseas with old Motorola World Phones. We then reactivate our Android phones when we return home.
    07-03-2010 09:06 PM
    i have done this. i switch between handsets so just do it online and you're good to go.
    07-03-2010 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD