Hey I was thinking about picking up a droid incredible off of craig's list and was wondering about any potential problems with the incredible. I currently love using my droid 1 but want a faster processor and I don't use the physical keyboard. I've search the forums for some common problems and have read about poor reception and battery life issues. Since this phone came out a few months ago would I be able to use the warranty even if im not the original owner? Thanks.
    07-05-2010 03:59 PM
    Im in the same boat you are. I'm coming from an Eris.
    07-05-2010 04:08 PM
    You’ll find a ton of threads here about the different batteries that are available for the DInc. (CRKhead’s thread about the Seidio 3500 mAh battery is a good one.) Also a bunch of threads (even sticky ones) related to tweaks and tricks for prolonging battery life. (First and foremost turn the various radios off if you not using them)

As far as reception goes, I’ve found that the reception is as good or in some cases a little better then the Treo, Nokia’s and LG’s I’ve had on VZW.

Hope this helps.
    07-05-2010 04:31 PM
    Thanks pvillecomp. I'm used to carrying around extra batteries so I'm not too worried. Any other problems people have? I was reading about bad speakers?

Does the warranty carry over if I'm not the original owner?
    07-05-2010 06:06 PM
    I've seen the bad speaker threads. I've had no problems with mine. I use the speaker phone all the time so I can type while on the phone.
    07-05-2010 06:38 PM
    Thanks. Hopefully I can still send it in if there are any major problems.
    07-05-2010 09:56 PM
    Hey I was thinking about picking up a droid incredible off of craig's list and was wondering about any potential problems with the incredible. I currently love using my droid 1 but want a faster processor and I don't use the physical keyboard. I've search the forums for some common problems and have read about poor reception and battery life issues. Since this phone came out a few months ago would I be able to use the warranty even if im not the original owner? Thanks.
    I think you will be happy with the Incredible. I first had the moto droid, then traded for the Inc. within 30 days and love it.

I have not noticed any difference in signal strength. The battery on my phone may discharge slightly faster than the moto droid, but hardly noticeable. It's lighter and the Sense UI is great.

You may want to talk with Verizon about the warranty..
    07-05-2010 10:00 PM
    I believe you would have to get some sort of receipt from the original owner, as that's when the manufacturer warranty starts... Either way, I would call Verizon to ask them that AND if you could add the insurance to the phone you're getting from someone else... You don't want to have this phone without insurance...
    07-05-2010 10:02 PM
    I think you will be happy with the Incredible. I first had the moto droid, then traded for the Inc. within 30 days and love it.

I have not noticed any difference in signal strength. The battery on my phone may discharge slightly faster than the moto droid, but hardly noticeable. It's lighter and the Sense UI is great.

You may want to talk with Verizon about the warranty..
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to go ahead and pick one up. Is 370 a good price? Most are selling for 400 I think
    07-06-2010 05:12 PM
    I believe you would have to get some sort of receipt from the original owner, as that's when the manufacturer warranty starts... Either way, I would call Verizon to ask them that AND if you could add the insurance to the phone you're getting from someone else... You don't want to have this phone without insurance...
    Thanks for the tip, I'll ask for original receipt.
    07-06-2010 05:13 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to go ahead and pick one up. Is 370 a good price? Most are selling for 400 I think
    Eck, if you are paying that much for it why don't you just wait till this new wave of phones come out and pick it up a lot cheaper. Considering that the device is $500+ new yeah $370 isn't a bad price, but most people only pay the 2 year on them which is only like $99-$150 which is the right price for me
    07-06-2010 05:16 PM
    I lucked out BIGTIME on Craigslist. Paid $220 cash Like new in Box. I found the ad minutes after the guy listed it, he had 8 emails, I told him I would take it then and there.

I know from the past when I have had issues with phones bought off Craigslist or Ebay, Verizon has honored the Warranty. Never hurts to call to double check. I also confirmed with them that my Insurance transferred to it.
    07-06-2010 06:07 PM
    Eck, if you are paying that much for it why don't you just wait till this new wave of phones come out and pick it up a lot cheaper. Considering that the device is $500+ new yeah $370 isn't a bad price, but most people only pay the 2 year on them which is only like $99-$150 which is the right price for me
    That's true but I can't wait, going to have to wait until january 2012. Well hopefully I can sell my droid for around 200 so I won't be paying too much.
    07-06-2010 07:32 PM
    I lucked out BIGTIME on Craigslist. Paid $220 cash Like new in Box. I found the ad minutes after the guy listed it, he had 8 emails, I told him I would take it then and there.

I know from the past when I have had issues with phones bought off Craigslist or Ebay, Verizon has honored the Warranty. Never hurts to call to double check. I also confirmed with them that my Insurance transferred to it.
    Thanks for the input. Wow you got a good price. How has your phone been so far, any problems?
    07-06-2010 07:36 PM
    That's true but I can't wait, going to have to wait until january 2012. Well hopefully I can sell my droid for around 200 so I won't be paying too much.
    Oh I thought you were talking like it was a few months, not 2012. Yeah if you are that far off go for it. I can't help but ask though, if you are that new into a contract did you just get the Droid?
    07-06-2010 08:14 PM
    Thanks for the input. Wow you got a good price. How has your phone been so far, any problems?

No problem, the seller didn't do research on how much he could get....just popped it up there for a little more than he paid, so he was happy making few bucks, I was VERY happy with a killer deal. Just have to keep your eyes peeled and respond immediately, I had seen 2 of those come up before that and they disappeared fast.

Phone is great....<knock wood> no issues or problems at all, like I said it came like new with everything, he cut the box for the rebate, and I didn't care at all as long as it worked
    07-06-2010 08:28 PM
    got mine off craigs list for $400 with that seido hard case. the family i got it from were nice and they got the phone cleared and onto my account that night. it was the wife's phone and she wanted an iphone so i got the deal.

i don't think that's a typical transaction from craig's list though so take your time. make sure it's activatable to your verizon. lots of people are selling bad esn phones. if you can meet at a verizon store do it. i did and we were able to check with verizon while we were there. also, before you pay, try to have the phone on your account so that there is no way they can report it stolen after you have paid for it making you unable to activate it.
    07-07-2010 01:31 AM
    Oh I thought you were talking like it was a few months, not 2012. Yeah if you are that far off go for it. I can't help but ask though, if you are that new into a contract did you just get the Droid?
    Yeah, I've had the droid for about 3 months. I might try and root it but I'm excited to pick up the incredible. I'm going to meet at a verizon store. Thanks for all the help guys.
    07-07-2010 03:17 AM
    After vzw gave me a 10% monthly discount , a free month use of phones and just as a bonus that 25 coupon in email I figure I got 50 dollars out of pocket for this phone. But I am in a 2 yr contract which doesnt really matter because they are most reliable carrier here anyway
    07-07-2010 05:13 AM
    bbui4, I sent you a PM about my DiNC bundle for sale, includes everything you would need and then some. http://forum.androidcentral.com/mark...ig-bundle.html
    07-07-2010 08:13 PM
    bbui4, I sent you a PM about my DiNC bundle for sale, includes everything you would need and then some. http://forum.androidcentral.com/mark...ig-bundle.html
    aww man, i already picked one up from someone off craig's list. Dang you have alot of accessories wish i saw it sooner. Hope you sell it soon, looks like a good deal for that package.
    07-12-2010 02:21 AM
    I'm selling mines
    07-12-2010 06:22 AM
    As far as the warranty bit goes - I was a supervisor at a VZW corporate store (great company!) and as far as I remember we went off the ESN activation for warranty issues (IE First customer to activate ESN was the valid warranty owner) with the exception of FRU units (refurbs) which were noted usually.
    bbui4 likes this.
    07-13-2010 01:06 AM
    As far as the warranty bit goes - I was a supervisor at a VZW corporate store (great company!) and as far as I remember we went off the ESN activation for warranty issues (IE First customer to activate ESN was the valid warranty owner) with the exception of FRU units (refurbs) which were noted usually.
    Thanks! That's what I was hoping for.
    07-13-2010 04:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD