So Proud of my DInc

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OK so I'm at a customer site the other day and their Wi-Fi is a mess., courtesy of a Basement Bit Bandit.

So I get to do the entire service call with only my DInc as my tool. I have my laptop in the car, but I wanted to try this. As previously stated his Wi-Fi is a mess. There are a bunch of AP’s all with different names and all with different channels… I use WiFiAanalizer to see the different networks, Network Discovery to determine the IP’s and open ports to login and change all the names, consolidate the passwords and channels for the networks and then use Antennas to find out where geographically the closest VZW tower is to correct a problem he’s having with his VZW Data Card!

This phone Rocks!

Never had to take the laptop out of the car.

Post your DInc success stories here!

Last edited:

FrankTheTank369#AC

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully I'll have some good stuff on my Droid Incredible when it finally gets shipped. Proud owner of the original Droid but with a nice upgrade that Verizon is giving out to people I had to take that opportunity lol.

FrankTheTank369#AC

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I bet. I thought the 560 mHz processor was awesome but the Droid Incredible is nearly twice as fast and looks so much better. I just really needed to get out of the BlackBerry world like I'm sure most Android users were once haha. Not to mention with all the Android 3.0 rumors going around saying how only 1 gHz phones will be getting it to only keep top of the line Android phones updated.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Very nice, the wifi analyzer is a must. I got to admit my phone has replaced my laptop at a lot of client sites as well because I can look up what I need and with dropbox and a cable I can transfer stuff back and forth, email files etc. So it's worked out nice for me too. Sensorly is also a pretty cool app for checking for cell coverage. It maps with GPS and Google maps all the access you have as you travel around, and reads from data that other people have already collected. It also does 4G and WiFi.

@FrankTheTank369 the "recommended" stats for the phones with 3.0 will be 1Ghz. I'll tell you now though if 3.0 runs like 2.1 did on my wifes phone I'll be skipping it till I get a newer device. So we will see!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze