Droid Incredible HELP!! Buy now or wait????

Should I upgrade now and eat $120 or wait for NE2??

• Total voters

JoeC44

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so i'm in a bit of a pickle... I am currently a Storm1 owner and cannot WAIT to get rid of this piece of garbage!(Shame on you RIM!!) Lately, I have been on the Android forums more than the Blackberry ones, which is sad for a Blackberry and non-android user. After much research I am convinced that my next phone is THE Incredible. I just can't get over how many good things people are saying on all the forums about this phone. I can get through the battery issues with no problem, it can't be as bad as having 2.0MB app memory to work with on the Storm, which slowly leaks away anyway until my phone freezes up.
Yeah, i'll miss the Blackberry Messenger, but its a small price to pay for a phone that works! lol....So here's my dillemma:

My NE2 upgrade isnt unil mid-October where I can get the $100 off of my primary line. But I can get the 2yr price now for an extra $20 upgrade fee. Do you guys think it is worth the $120 that I could save in 3 months to upgrade to the droid now, or should I stick it out with the storm? or should I just get out now while i can? By October will the DIncs be shipping with froyo? Sorry I am just so excited to ditch the Berry and become an android guy. Basically, I am willing to pi$$ away $120 just to not have to use the Storm anymore. So should I??? Any input would be greatly appreciated! I AM READY TO BE ON THE ANDROID TRAIN!!!!!(Better late than never!!)

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
The question is whether or not the hundred bucks is worth it. I think if I had the Storm for another 3 months I might start tweezing my nose hairs....

I say go for it.

JoeC44

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you called and asked for an early NE2?...ask for a supervisor.
Yeah ive talked to people at 2 stores called customer service twice, and theyre not budging on it, telling me i have to wait. I even told them the last time how much i hated the storm and the way VZW handled it. But i'm thinking about calling customer service again later this week and try again.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you called and asked for an early NE2?...ask for a supervisor.

Yeah, since a lot of people were offered early upgrades for the Incredible. :)

Edit: Nevermind. lol

It probably depends on who you talk to, but I'd give it another go. I've never had luck with VZW like some people do.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get offered the early upgrade price from the Storm I was on, I demanded it. I was 8 months out from my NE2 You know it's not hard to swap service providers now a days. Do like I did call and let them know how disappointed you are in the Storm, how it locks up, how you have to hard reset, all that jazz. Then let them know you like the EVO too, and Sprints price plan looks pretty good. They will budge.

But honestly if they don't do anything for you wait it out. They are on backorder now anyways and in 3 months they will probably, hopefully, not be. It's worth saving $100+ dollars, I mean it's a good phone but not that good, I wouldn't have paid more than $199 for it.

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Dude, I had the Storm 1 before I got my Inc. And honestly if I knew what I know about this phone before I upgraded, I would have been willing to pay full retail to get this phone and be rid of the storm. Do it, now. Right now, this second. :p

Aaron

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah ive talked to people at 2 stores called customer service twice, and theyre not budging on it, telling me i have to wait. I even told them the last time how much i hated the storm and the way VZW handled it. But i'm thinking about calling customer service again later this week and try again.

Did you ask for a supervisor? They can't ask you if you would like to talk with one...you have to ask. Worked for me :D

gmz73#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Having been in the nearly the same situation as you I decided the Incredible was too good to pass up. The 3 weeks I waited for it were well worth it. You won't be disappointed.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I say buy immediately, sell your Storm to offset some of the price, and while you are at it, think about purchasing on a 1 year price....this allows you to not have to wait as long to upgrade.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I was a victim of the Storm 1.
I kept putting off upgrading at the 2 year price, thinking the Storm 3 might
come out.

Then, I saw this phone in the store, and forgot about BB immediately!

Get rid of the Storm ASAP! You won't be sorry. I LOVE this phone!

It makes The Storm look like the piece of garbage that it really is.

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so i'm in a bit of a pickle... I am currently a Storm1 owner and cannot WAIT to get rid of this piece of garbage!(Shame on you RIM!!) Lately, I have been on the Android forums more than the Blackberry ones, which is sad for a Blackberry and non-android user. After much research I am convinced that my next phone is THE Incredible. I just can't get over how many good things people are saying on all the forums about this phone. I can get through the battery issues with no problem, it can't be as bad as having 2.0MB app memory to work with on the Storm, which slowly leaks away anyway until my phone freezes up.
Yeah, i'll miss the Blackberry Messenger, but its a small price to pay for a phone that works! lol....So here's my dillemma:

My NE2 upgrade isnt unil mid-October where I can get the $100 off of my primary line. But I can get the 2yr price now for an extra $20 upgrade fee. Do you guys think it is worth the $120 that I could save in 3 months to upgrade to the droid now, or should I stick it out with the storm? or should I just get out now while i can? By October will the DIncs be shipping with froyo? Sorry I am just so excited to ditch the Berry and become an android guy. Basically, I am willing to pi$$ away $120 just to not have to use the Storm anymore. So should I??? Any input would be greatly appreciated! I AM READY TO BE ON THE ANDROID TRAIN!!!!!(Better late than never!!)

I like yourself came from a BB Storm. I have to say that the DINC is by far & away a much better phone than the Storm ever wished it could have become. I am so much happier with the Android OS, the Sense UI & the reliability of the phone itself. No longer to I have to try & explain why my phone needs to have the battery pulled & reboot the phone at least once a day.

The losing of BBM was a downside, that much I will give you, but everyone that I have spoken to that was on my BBM list, have all pretty much decided that they are going to move over to the Android Platform within the next year or so. They are just of RIMs OS, as most people are, the solution in the meantime is to have them install Gtalk on their phones & voila, problem solved. Either that or just go to regular texting on the phone. :)

stin

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the idiots that got the storm1 the first day that it came out as well. I was sent an email from VZW back when they launched the first two droids offering me a free early upgrade(i figured it was because they know the storm blows), but I didn't care for either of those phones at the time. When the INC came out I was very interested and emailed them asking for that deal again. I received a reply that after looking at my account that I was not due for an upgrade until July something and that they were not able to offer me that deal. So, i replied to that email and asked what my early term fee was. Miraculously when they looked at my account this time they were able to offer me the early upgrade!!

It sounds like you have multiple lines, so not sure if asking for your early term fee will work, but can't hurt to try..

bkleman

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well you could go for the Droid X and avoid that fee altogether since your contract ends in 2010.

Either way, get rid of the BB!

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I did exactly that. Mine wasnt due until Oct but I did it anyways and do not regret it one bit! Well worth the extra $.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
haha, yeah. I mean, You have a Storm, I was in that boat back in January. Honestly, I say go for it. This phone is 1000 times better than the Storm in every way. You will be extremely pleased with the operating system and the phone.

clevcavs4586

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Well you could go for the Droid X and avoid that fee altogether since your contract ends in 2010.

Either way, get rid of the BB!

Definitely ditch the BB! I have a storm 1 now and just ordered my Incredible last week, so I'm just beginning the wait :(

You can get the early upgrade if you expire in 2010 and upgrade to any smartphone. It doesnt have to be the Droid X. I expire in December and got the 2 year pricing on the Incredible no questions asked. I didn't have to deal with a mail in rebate either.

Go for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz