Should I buy?

jonzee222

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend is due for an upgrade in a couple weeks and wanted to get a Droid Eris which is what I have, however they no longer make it. Would the Incredible be a good buy? She thought about getting the Droid X, but it looks to be a little more money than she wants to spend. I have heard that the Incredible tends to run pretty slow, is this true? Thanks for your help.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Runs slow?
No way! This phone is lightning fast!

Droid X seems way too big for my hands, and I'm a 6'4" guy with large hands.
The Incredible is a nearly perfect phone. Go for it!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When I was in the VZW store looking at phones, I was determined to buy a WinMo phone to replace the WinMo phone I had. Playing with the phones in the store, this was an obvious nogo. The dammed things were locking up and I haven’t even done anything… So I look at the Moto Droid. I have Moto Issues, but that’s not the point, It seemed nice but sluggish… So the VZW guy says take a look at this, and hands me the DInc. It was as if rainbows suddenly appeared. The OS just WORKED. It was snappy, there was no lag, and I went to a few websites where everything displayed.

The store was doing some sort of “event” and had a radio station and face painters there. My son and I used the DInc to look up Jeff Gordon’s car so the face painter could paint it.

This phone is not slow. Not by any means. You will be very pleased with recommending this phone for your Girlfriend… In fact you might be a little jealous.

mb79

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This phone is not slow. Not by any means. You will be very pleased with recommending this phone for your Girlfriend… In fact you might be a little jealous.
You will be A LOT jealous.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Slow????? The only thing slow about the DI is delivery for those who didn't buy at release and that should be solved soon. I have had mine since launch and it gets better every day as I learn more and new apps are available. The larger size of the Droid X does not work for me and I would not be interested in giving up Sense.

Deathwish238

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend is due for an upgrade in a couple weeks and wanted to get a Droid Eris which is what I have, however they no longer make it. Would the Incredible be a good buy? She thought about getting the Droid X, but it looks to be a little more money than she wants to spend. I have heard that the Incredible tends to run pretty slow, is this true? Thanks for your help.

The Droid Eris is a first generation lower end device. It's on the slow side but not a bad phone by any means.

The Droid Incredible is a high end current generation device with specs that will be top of the line until the dual core phones come out at the end of 2010 and throughout 2011. However, it will still be fast then and will get even faster come this Christmas when HTC updates the Incredible to Android 2.2 FroYo which has 2-5x faster app performance.

Get the Incredible. It's similar to my Nexus and I absolutely love it. It's fast, heavily customizable, easy to use and fun...what more do you need?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The Droid Eris is a first generation lower end device. It's on the slow side but not a bad phone by any means.

The Droid Incredible is a high end current generation device with specs that will be top of the line until the dual core phones come out at the end of 2010 and throughout 2011. However, it will still be fast then and will get even faster come this Christmas when HTC updates the Incredible to Android 2.2 FroYo which has 2-5x faster app performance.

Get the Incredible. It's similar to my Nexus and I absolutely love it. It's fast, heavily customizable, easy to use and fun...what more do you need?

The Eris was a very nice device, until you update it to 2.1. Then you start getting all kinds of issues, like the phone rebooting out of nowhere, silent call bug, battery life all to hell etc. After 4 replacement phones Verizon finally swapped my wife out to a Moto Droid. Thought well I don't like Moto but it can't be any worse, got her first droid in the dang headphone jack doesn't work. So much for build quality, hopefully the second one will be better.....get the Inc.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
1st... What everyone else said about the DInc's speed... Not slow...

2nd... Go to BestBuy, hold an EVO, then hold and Incredible. See how she likes the size (OK, I'm giggling here too, but let's keep this professional :p ) The new Droid X will be around the same size in hand as the EVO, but maybe a little thicker due to the slide out keyboard...

3rd...

If she is worrying about price she shouldn't be looking at a Android type phone.

I believe they are releasing lower-end Android phones for people worried about just this... Those may be slower, but waiting may be the best thing if Android is what she wants and price is that much of a factor for her...

Just my thoughts...

Markimus

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Incredible all the way Droid X is only going to have a bigger screen and Hdmi out, Big Deal! When update comes out or you could root we get wifi hotspot and Hd video. I love my phone and would never trade it in.

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
i traded my eris in for the inc. you cant even compair the two phones. the eris is so slow and cant handle any good app. the inc is lightning fast and takes anything your throw at it. i apree give her your eris and get the inc for yourself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams