Internal vs External Memory

Libuff

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
ok, please forgive me if i'm repeating a question already found under the incredible forums... the search feature didn't display anything that was particularly the same...

Just so i can wrap my mind around the difference between the built-in memory 8gb and the external Micro-SD Card (2gb), once the 2gb MicroSD Card is installed, ALL the programs seem to not see the 8gb... is that correct?

therefore, Should i just use the 8gb internal memory until i get a MicroSD card that is 16gb or 32gb? (when the price comes down)

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You can use both......switch back and forth. only diff. is one is removable from the phone and one isn't. 10 total gb is alot of storage.

Libuff

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
after i posted the OP, i've done some experimentation... certain programs just won't use or see the internal 8gb at all. others see both just fine... weird...

an example of the biggest pain is Astro File Manager which totally ignores the internal memory... atleast i cant get it to see the internal 8gb.. any ideas of a file manager that will use both?

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you are looking for. Astro defaults to the sdCard as the Home view. If you tap "Up" next to the Home button it will take you to the phone memory. You have to hunt around a bit as some folders are in designations that appear not to mean much like "dmmc" where you will find your DCIM folders and the pictures that are saved in phone memory. OI File is another file manager that works well and is also available free in the Market.

Libuff

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
you are correct... from the root directory in astro file manager, SDCARD is the external sd-card, EMMC is the internal 8gb memory...

it just seems that some programs aren't able to utilize the 8gb internal memory.. but thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Deathwish238

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Devs will support the internal memory soon enough. 8GB isn't a bad amount of space, but I definitely need to get a 32GB card later this year for my Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma