how do i add mp3 as a notification sound i could only get it into ringtones, i want the doid sound as my text notifier. Any help is appreciated!!!
    07-12-2010 01:50 PM
    You need to place it in media/audio/notifications folder on the SD or internal memory. You may have to create this folder.
    07-12-2010 02:07 PM
    On your SD card, create a folder called Media. In that folder create another folder called Audio, and in that folder create one called Notifications. Place the MP3 file in the Notifications folder and there ya go. Check to see if the folders are already made on your phone. It wasn't on my Motorola Droid so I had to make them myself and works just fine.

In the Audio folder, you can also create an Alarm and Ringtone folder to add other MP3's to that as well to customize your phone even more.
    07-12-2010 02:13 PM
    There is also an app in the market called Rings Extended (free) that allows you to pick any media on the phone as a ring tone or alert sound. After you install it, when you choose a ring tone you will be prompted how to choose it, HTC ringtone..., or Rings Extended.

Hope this helps.
    07-12-2010 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD