This CAN'T be right....

IncrediBry

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the Incredible for about a week and was not happy with the battery performance so I went and got the Seidio 1750 battery....

I did not bump charge.

My battery was fully charged when I unplugged it at 6:30 am

at 10:30 am my battery was down 49%.

I have the following

- Twitter sync's every 2 hours
- Facebook sync's every 2 hours
- Pure calender for all my calenders sync's every 6 hours
- Pure calender just for just Astrid tasks as a " to do list" syncs every 6 hours
- ATK kills my selected list every 2 hours
- Beautiful Widgets running
- I listened to some music off SD card using the default media player for about 1 hr
- I have Launcher Pro running
- I have screen dimmed to ~ 20%

I mean...is this the perfect storm for battery drainage?

IF you were me and wanted to get lets say 10 hours of battery life instead of 7-8...WHAT would you do?

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
My Facebook never updates.I do it manually...pretty much everything I do is manual. I open the apps up enough that I really don't miss much.

and I average 16 - 18 hours on my stock battery

DustinF00#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, the SEIDIO battery is not 1750mAh compared to your stock 1300 mAh battery and other HTC batteries I got to test..

Conclusion / Summary From This Round… – Randomness & Photography

A bump charge is ABSOLUTLEY needed to bring the battery to its fullest capacity possible. (but even then it didnt get tested to 1750 mAh.)

Be sure to read a few posts back too - to see the inside of a few of the SEIDIO batteries and the google searches that NEVER uncovered a cell for that size at 1750 mAh.

Last edited:

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you running Wi-fi, Blue-tooth or GPS? All are big drains. I also manually load Facebook and email and bump charge at lunch.

Actually using Wi-Fi instead of 3G saves battery, however if you are not in a Wi-Fi hotspot make sure you turn it off or it will just continue to search for a signal. Try an app called Timeriffic its very convenient and you can schedule ur GPS/ringer/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth to come on and off at certain times of the day.

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the Incredible for about a week and was not happy with the battery performance so I went and got the Seidio 1750 battery....

I did not bump charge.

My battery was fully charged when I unplugged it at 6:30 am

at 10:30 am my battery was down 49%.

I have the following

- Twitter sync's every 2 hours
- Facebook sync's every 2 hours
- Pure calender for all my calenders sync's every 6 hours
- Pure calender just for just Astrid tasks as a " to do list" syncs every 6 hours
- ATK kills my selected list every 2 hours
- I listened to some music off SD card using the default media player for about 1 hr
- I have Launcher Pro running
- I have screen dimmed to ~ 20%

I mean...is this the perfect storm for battery drainage?

IF you were me and wanted to get lets say 10 hours of battery life instead of 7-8...WHAT would you do?

Just a guess here, but have you charged it yet with the phone off from low battery to fully charged? This will recalibrate the battery bar and should give you better performance if you haven't done it yet.

DustinF00#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Just a guess here, but have you charged it yet with the phone off from low battery to fully charged? This will recalibrate the battery bar and should give you better performance if you haven't done it yet.

How would it do that with the phone off ? Isn't the data saved on the phone - If the phone is off I don't think it would write anything to keep track of the charge.

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
How would it do that with the phone off ? Isn't the data saved on the phone - If the phone is off I don't think it would write anything to keep track of the charge.

Lithium ion batteries need to be calibrated occasionally so that they know what a full charge is and can repeat it. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of sources out there like hp, apple, etc who advise this.

You can read more about it here if you are interested:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1490
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00596784&product=18703

Last edited:

tbdaly

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you running Wi-fi, Blue-tooth or GPS? All are big drains. I also manually load Facebook and email and bump charge at lunch.

Wifi actually uses less battery when connected than 3g uses when it's constantly looking for a signal. Everything else eats battery though.

DustinF00#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Lithium ion batteries need to be calibrated so that they know what a full charge is and can repeat it. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of sources out there like hp, apple, etc who advise this.

Whoa...

I never said I didn't believe you - there is a difference in not believing you and questioning who or what is documenting the full charge with the phone off.

While the phone is off, the lowest level of what I would call "power micro code" is controlling and monitoring the current along with the battery. It's going to decide the battery is full based on charged voltage reading vs charge current being accepted and any one of a billion other considerations being made for battery charging - but I don't think any of that is remembered anywhere.

That was all I was getting at.

Most devices base their battery capacity indicator with voltage reading comparison against information off the battery information pins as well as battery voltage drop when a current draw happens.

I'd be interested in knowing what the voltage reading is across the battery when its charged and when it all of sudden hits 90-80-70 and so on percent reading on the phone.

DustinF00#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Lithium ion batteries need to be calibrated occasionally so that they know what a full charge is and can repeat it. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of sources out there like hp, apple, etc who advise this.

You can read more about it here if you are interested:

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance
Understanding Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology HP Pavilion Notebook PCs - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Thanks for the links, I'm familiar with the battery university pages - My point is just that there isn't anything running to document the charge while its OFF. So the phone running while charging will help it understand and set this calibration point vs the phone being off and when the phone turns on it just knows that its being started with waht it thinks is a charged battery.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Beautiful Widgets... Do you have it set for GEOLOCATION and to use GPS in the widget settings? I put this on the other day on my DInc with the 3500mAh battery and it drained the hell out of it...

Go into your phone settings, phone info, battery... What are the percentages for apps using the battery?

IncrediBry

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets... Do you have it set for GEOLOCATION and to use GPS in the widget settings? I put this on the other day on my DInc with the 3500mAh battery and it drained the hell out of it...

Go into your phone settings, phone info, battery... What are the percentages for apps using the battery?

No geolocation here...but definitely think it may have to do with beautiful widgets...

IncrediBry

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Unplugged for 1 hr and 2 mins after bump charging 3 times....

79 % battery remaining

28% android system
27% cell stand by
22% voice calls
10% phone idle
8% display
3% dialer
2% media server

At this point I'm thinking that I either have a faulty battery or launcher pro is eating my battery alive.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing you have a bad battery, I'm running mine all the way down by using navigation and pandora for the last 5 hours and I'm still sitting at 10% and started with about 90%.