Do alarms work when phone is powered off?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting on my phone to ship. One feature of my current phone, Sony Ericsson TM506, is that the alarms work when phone is off. This is great for over night and saving on battery power. Turn the phone off and it wakes up for an alarm to wake me up in the morning.
On the Incredible, do the alarms work when phone is off?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Not when the phone is powered off... You would just put it in Airplane mode which turns all the antennas off... It'll save the battery and allow things like the alarm and music to work...

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting on my phone to ship. One feature of my current phone, Sony Ericsson TM506, is that the alarms work when phone is off. This is great for over night and saving on battery power. Turn the phone off and it wakes up for an alarm to wake me up in the morning.
On the Incredible, do the alarms work when phone is off?

i have never heard of such a feature...thats slick...

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
except that you can't actually turn a blackberry 'off' unless you pull the battery. Turning a blackberry off is like turning the screen off on your DINC

jwalker87

May 12, 2010
Visit site
What about the calendar? Do notifications for calendar events wake the phone up? Might be a way to circumvent the lack of an alarm waker-upper.

Theodosius

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What about the calendar? Do notifications for calendar events wake the phone up? Might be a way to circumvent the lack of an alarm waker-upper.

Nothing like that will wake it up from being completely powered off. If you put it in sleep mode then it will, that's just with the screen locked and off.

5 point 1

Banned
Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
except that you can't actually turn a blackberry 'off' unless you pull the battery. Turning a blackberry off is like turning the screen off on your DINC

Yeah right. I had the Storm 2. "Shutting it off" with the button, powers EVERTHING down, and is useless until you turn it back on. The battery doesn't discharge. Even after a week of it being "off".

Turning the screen off on the DINC still allows the phone to receive calls, messages, etc, and is actually using up battery still.