Well, not REALLY fall in love, but you know what I mean

I had always been a Blackberry guy. Not a fanboy, but the simplicity is what always had me coming back to the physical keyboard Berry over and over. I tried the Storm, the Palm Pre, the Palm Pixi, the Storm 2, The Moto Droid ALMOST got me to switch, but constant static on the line on 3 exchanges got me back to the Blackberry.

So the Incredible had come out, and I always looked it's way, but didn't think I'd budge. I just didn't think I could ever go to a full touchscreen, none had made me satisfied before. Then I saw it out in the wild a couple times and tried one in the Verizon Store here and there and got sucked in.

So I hunted Craigslist for the right price. After 3 weeks I found one for $200 and jumped ALL over it. I figured I'd try it for a few days and make a couple bucks if and when I decided I didn't like it. I walked into the platform VERY skeptical.

It's about a month later and I have no desire whatsoever to give this up. This is what they had in mind when they invented the term Smartphone. I have been consistently impressed over and over. The app selection is huge, if my phone can't do something I want, there is most likely an app to MAKE it do what I want. Having a gmail account, my email arrives instantly.....heck, faster than Blackberry. The keyboard took a little time to get used to, but I am pretty much just as fast as a physical keyboard, plus the microphone has been dead on accurate when I can't type while driving. And most importantly, being a phone, the clarity has been crystal clear. I think the best thing about this phone along with Android is the Sense UI. The size is perfect, I couldn't see myself using an EVO or Droid X...too big, this is the perfect size.

So anyone else walk in feeling one way, and find it to be as perfect as I feel it is? Man they did a great job with this one
    07-15-2010 01:56 PM
    Glad to hear it. I went from a Storm 2 to the Incredible, and LOVE IT! I never looked back!
    07-15-2010 02:18 PM
    You found an Incredible for $200? Damnnn. Welcome to Android though!
    07-15-2010 04:26 PM
    I admit I was skeptical. I had set up a bunch of early Android phones and I was not impressed. I also did not want to get a g-mail account that everything had to pump through. I have my own mail servers and they work like a peach. I really had to get a phone that day because my previous phone went into the drink, and I can’t be without one anymore. I was holding out for win7 but cest la vie. All the winmo phones were locking up on me in the dang store… Next. The VZ guy showed me the Droid, meh. Then he said check this one out… and handed me a DInc. WOW. Real e-mail, Real web, Real FAST. I said sold.

I did not know about the shortages but I broke lucky, they had one left. It was a company store grand opening so I guess they finagled some stock. I started playing with it right away, but while driving my son was all over it! I have to say that I got it because I had to have a phone that day, but now you’ll have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

The first few days were sunny so I never noticed the weather animations, but then it rained. I just started laughing. Oh man that is too cool. I was like a little kid, showing my stupid phone tricks to anyone who would stand still long enough to look. I can’t wait till winter.
    07-15-2010 04:40 PM
    The first few days were sunny so I never noticed the weather animations, but then it rained. I just started laughing. Oh man that is too cool. I was like a little kid, showing my stupid phone tricks to anyone who would stand still long enough to look. I canít wait till winter.
    Yea, wait till it starts snowing on your screen when you come out of standby. Oh and the lightning in summer is great too. Very cool indeed.
    07-16-2010 06:52 AM
    Ok i gotta ask....what r you guys using for weather app? i just have this little box on the screen. it no animation after coming out of stand by....i have animations turned on.
    07-16-2010 07:12 AM
    the stock htc weather/clock widget.
    07-16-2010 08:38 AM
    the stock htc weather/clock widget.
    I had accidentally put mine in the trash when I first got the phone and struggled finding it. When you go into Widgets, tap the HTC Clock. You'll see a big analog clock on the screen. Where is says Select on the bottom of the screen, you will see a right arrow, tap that and you will see a number of styles to choose from. Keep tapping until you see the Weather/Clock icon. This is on a number of HTC Widgets.

Enjoy
    07-16-2010 08:53 AM
    I love the DrInc so far. However, coming from an awful experience with the Storm, I am still skeptical of the Incredible but I am slowly getting over it. I have only had it for a week. Aside from the battery issues, I love it. I have an extended battery on its way and am reading up on how to maximize the stock one.
    07-16-2010 09:03 AM
    I hated my BB curve so much (all 6 of them in one year, so much for QC) that I bought the Inc. without trying it. I had an early upgrade vip coupon which expired the next day after launch so I used it to grab the INC....

LOVE IT!
    07-16-2010 09:10 AM
    I was very very tired of my BB curve and due for new every two anyway. The DInc was the newest, "best" phone Verizon had at the time, so I just went for it. I had only read online reviews, which were pretty uniformly positive. (I had played around with a friend's Motorola Droid and hated the physical keyboard. I figured if I was being forced to move to an onscreen keyboard, I'd rather have a slimmer phone.)

My skepticism was that it would be too complicated for me. Seven screens with a leap screen - wha? Do I have to move my whole life over to google and gmail? And for the life of me, no matter how many times I read the description of "FriendStream," I couldn't figure out what the hell it was or why I would want it.

Plus during the 2-1/2 week wait for the phone, I found all the forums, which seemed to be full of negative reports about bugs, bad signal strength, poor reception, and people returning their phones.

When the phone finally arrived, I tried to activate it and noticed... no bars. Cue freak out #1. This never happened with my BB! It says it can't find a signal and to move to a window. Cue freak out #2. Am I going to have to make all my calls at the window in my own house? #$%&! Sitting next to a window and feeling slightly panicked, I activated the phone and ... the magic began.

I haven't had any problems so far. It turned out I could make the UI as simple as I wanted, and that it didn't force me to integrate my facebook contacts with my outlook contacts with my google contacts with my twitter stream. I know I'm probably only using 10% of my phone's capabilities, but learning cool new things it can do every day.

Oh and because of my NE2 and an online rebate, I paid $99+tax. Best. Deal. Ever.
    07-16-2010 03:39 PM
    I got a blackberry curve 8330 in June 2009, and thought I wanted an bold 9650 but the more I looked and read about the incredible the more I changed my mind so in June 2010 I ordered one and glad I did.The bad part was the month I waited for it to get shipped took forever to get though ,lol

Oh pfft I noticed there is no waiting on the blackberry models , lol even the new ones, I wonder why ,lol :rolleyes:
    07-16-2010 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD