07-19-2010 08:57 PM
159 ... 4567
tools
    i see that a couple people think it's cool to poke fun at others just because they would like to have the better features that are supposed to be coming. maybe it's time for the kind of policy they have on other android forums for no tolerance of putting other posters down for what ever reason
    07-18-2010 07:59 AM
    hi my name is pvillecomp and i'm an update junkie
    Hello pvillecomp !
    07-18-2010 08:39 AM
    I am really looking forward to seeing the flash 10 features at work. But until the update rolls out I will suffer with a great phone that works great.
    07-18-2010 09:19 AM
    Damn junkies!!!!... and I'm one of them <breaking down in a river of tears>
    07-18-2010 09:57 AM
    I am really looking forward to seeing the flash 10 features at work. But until the update rolls out I will suffer with a great phone that works great.
    Flash 10.1 won't be for this update. You'll need to wait for Froyo.
    07-18-2010 10:38 AM
    Ok no problem with that
    07-18-2010 10:48 AM
    Still don't believe this update is even real. I will once there are real reports of people getting an update, but at this point the reports are all "we heard people have received it...."

Hope it turns out to be real though. Seems like a reasonable update at least.

The fact that there are leaked versions give it credibility at least.
    07-18-2010 12:15 PM
    So should one choose to root their phone, leaving everything as is, will they still receive the OTA update?
    07-18-2010 12:27 PM
    The only reason I did the manual update was cuz the leak was "signed" meaning it passed Verizon testing.
    07-18-2010 12:28 PM
    So should one choose to root their phone, leaving everything as is, will they still receive the OTA update?
    I've read in most cases the OTAs don't arrive on rooted phones. However what people seem to be doing is unrooting, applying the leaked version of the update and then rerooting.

Since this is a small OTA, maybe it will still arrive normally on a rooted phone, but I doubt it.

Try the manual process.
    07-18-2010 12:30 PM
    Ok, Blah, let's use your logic.

I've heard there is a Santa Clause but I've never seen him. Does that mean he doesn't exist?!?

:-)
    07-18-2010 01:06 PM
    Ok its bs there is no update!
    07-18-2010 02:45 PM
    They have already put out a statement to one of the sites, it was in a post somewhere in these forums lol, but it was only pushed out to a small test group.
    07-18-2010 02:46 PM
    Blame it on the DX people ,lol ,cause they getting their update tomorrow
    07-18-2010 03:23 PM
    Just got my update OTA. It is the coolest ever. I created a mini documentary using the 720p. My friend sent it to Discovery and they are broadcasting tomorrow night prime time. The station manager is nominating it for an emmy. We sat around a little bit ago with our laptops. Five of us sat around using my "phone" as a hot spot. AMAZING speed. Faster than my home WIFI. I hooked to my 52" HDTV and watched a movie (and my documentary). I didn't know this but the upgrade adds a camera to the front. Now I can Skype with video. Wow. And a multi directional microphone. And stereo speakers with bass boost. I'm so excited. I guess this means there is a Santa Clause. I'm still trying to figure out what this magic wand feature is.

Does anyone have ocean front property for sale? My upgrade didn't provide that.
    daethwing188 likes this.
    07-19-2010 09:53 AM
    They have already put out a statement to one of the sites, it was in a post somewhere in these forums lol, but it was only pushed out to a small test group.
    When I contacted Verizon about my button issue, they asked if I was one of the few the update was pushed out to. I said no. They are doing it in smaller groups to avoid the BBM 5.0 issue they had last year.....
    07-19-2010 10:11 AM
    Just got my update OTA. It is the coolest ever. I created a mini documentary using the 720p. My friend sent it to Discovery and they are broadcasting tomorrow night prime time. The station manager is nominating it for an emmy. We sat around a little bit ago with our laptops. Five of us sat around using my "phone" as a hot spot. AMAZING speed. Faster than my home WIFI. I hooked to my 52" HDTV and watched a movie (and my documentary). I didn't know this but the upgrade adds a camera to the front. Now I can Skype with video. Wow. And a multi directional microphone. And stereo speakers with bass boost. I'm so excited. I guess this means there is a Santa Clause. I'm still trying to figure out what this magic wand feature is.

Something makes me want to reach out and slap you right now... Maybe it is my gullibility.

Just kidding about the slapping part....
    07-19-2010 10:15 AM

Thank you. You have just made my life. I can now die happy... which is good because someone apparently hired a hitman to kill me (or so says this Nigerian scam email).

OH and if you want the ocean front property, you just have to apply the "Three Wolf Moon" theme. It also upgrades your 3g connection to 4gLTE.

Thank CRKhead for that information.
    07-19-2010 10:33 AM
    Anyone know if this update will fix the charging issue with the phone? I think it is unacceptable that when the phone fully charges it kicks over to batter power and when I finally unplug it, the battery is at least 10% lower.
    07-19-2010 11:00 AM
    Anyone know if this update will fix the charging issue with the phone? I think it is unacceptable that when the phone fully charges it kicks over to batter power and when I finally unplug it, the battery is at least 10% lower.
    How long has that been happening?
    07-19-2010 11:16 AM
    How long has that been happening?
    This happens on all Incredibles. It is not unique to my phone and if you read in the sections on batteries you will see.
    07-19-2010 11:36 AM
    07-19-2010 11:55 AM
    ^Nice. I will wait a couple of extra weeks for Froyo! It's not like there is anything wrong with this device anyways. I love this thing!
    07-19-2010 12:06 PM
    Lets hope it is only a few weeks.
    07-19-2010 12:10 PM
    07-19-2010 12:13 PM
159 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD