Rumor of Droid Incredible receiving update today

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Happy Update Day everyone! Party at my place. We can play a game similar to quarters. Everyone hits refresh on the update screen every ten minutes. If you don't get the update, take a shot of tequila. After an hour, we'll forget all about it.

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Idk about you guys but I keep checking my phone every 15 mins for the update hahah I'm getting so anxious for 720p video and wireless n

You can already do the wireless tethering by downloading pdanet i believe. The update just gives you the option to pay for it lol.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Happy Update Day everyone! Party at my place. We can play a game similar to quarters. Everyone hits refresh on the update screen every ten minutes. If you don't get the update, take a shot of tequila. After an hour, we'll forget all about it.
Best Game Ever! Though I would do it with a shot of Rum

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

or 101 proof "wild turkey" lol :cool:

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Since when has pdanet had wireless tethering?

it says in the market that it has tethering via usb and bluetooth. there is also another one called "easy tether" which may be wireless as well.

There is another thread in this forum that talks about data usage that is worth reading... Apparently unlimited data plans do not apply to tethering data and may cost you either way. However it is unclear to me.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site

HEY!!!!! Count me in!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:confused::confused::confused:

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
ok, don't want to be a noob, but...i've been concentrating on the 720p part of the update. when it comes to the mobile hotspot, i know it allows you to connect other devices such as a laptop to the internet. what else does it do? i keep reading about tethering but i'm not sure what all that does for you. please be gentle!

CharlesA03

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I know you can check for updates on your phone....but once it is available, shouldn't it automatically do it?

Sorry if this has been addressed.

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
ok, don't want to be a noob, but...i've been concentrating on the 720p part of the update. when it comes to the mobile hotspot, i know it allows you to connect other devices such as a laptop to the internet. what else does it do? i keep reading about tethering but i'm not sure what all that does for you. please be gentle!

Basically, if you're say, in a car or something, you can connect to the internet via the service from your phone. Basically uses your phone's internet to provide internet for your computer.