32gig MicroSD cards ar Verizon

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There was front page post on this site not long ago about Droid X customers getting the above mentioned card for $99. I stopped by Verizon and found out they're offering them at that price to all customers. Any discounts you have on your account applies as well. I ordered mine for a total of $75!

Just letting you know...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, need to go check that out now!

Yup it's on their website for $99 + discounts if you have them. Comes with SD card adapter and a usb reader thumb drive!

Just picked mine up for $75 too! Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, according to Verizon, the Incredible supports up to a 16GB MicroSDHC card, although the HTC site says it supports up to 32GB. Good one, Verizon.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's a class 2 card.

Ah well no loss the 8GB card I'm running now is a class 2 sandisk that came with my Storm. The 16GB I gave the wife was a class 6 and I see no difference in speed between them. Sure I won't this one either. I should be getting it in on Tuesday this week.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The Sandisk 32gig card from Verizon seems to be a dud. I got mine Wednesday, formatted it and copied over the contents of my 4gig card. The next morning upon booting the phone and trying to access some music, I was greeted with a "No SD card installed" warning. Sure enough, the Photos app found no card either. So I powered down, waited a minute and rebooted. It was fine for most of the day. Then I noticed Smart Keyboard was lagging. I mean LAGGING. Then a web page (androidcentral.com) froze the phone. Completely locked up. Then Vignette would freeze on the first photo taken.

Switched out to the old card and all is well. I might try to reformat and try again, but it seems it's too big and too slow. Either way, it doesn't play nice with my Incredible.

I'll probably buy a speedier 16gig in the meantime.

TJH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol