BT Volume with Jawbone II

RK73

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Every time I connect Jawbone to my Droid Incredible the BT volume gets set to the lowest level. After I adjust it it stays the same as long as Jawbone is connected, but when I turn it on next time, the volume is low again. This never happened before with other phones. Is there any setting I miss or is this Android bug?

TheFLCracker

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It happens to me with my Jawbone Prime. I haven't been able to figure out why. Not really a big deal to me though.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Jawbone Icon and it states as one of it's features that it remembers the volume level it was set on previously... However, my Jawbone 1 also remembered the last setting... Just a thought that if they put that as a "feature" in the Icon's stats, maybe the 2 and Prime didn't have that feature?

RK73

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure whether its a headset or phone feature, but my Jawbone II remembered volume level with two other phones I used. I found some people had same issue with Jawbone paired to Motorola Droid as well, so sounds like this is Android bug. Not a big problem, just annoyance, but hopefully it will get fixed.

RK73

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It looks like I found a fix for a low bluetooth volume on Palm forum here.
If you have a Jawbone Prime or a Jawbone 2 Plus, this procedure should resolve the issue of the Jawbone defaulting to the lowest volume after the bluetooth connection is disrupted or if you turn the Jawbone off and then back on. This procedure may also fix other odd issues between the Pre and the Jawbone Prime/Jawbone 2 Plus, but don't hold me to that. If you are unsure whether you have a Jawbone 2 or Jawbone 2 Plus, go here to check.

1. Delete the Jawbone BT profile from the phone.
2. Do a Device Restart.
3. After the phone comes back online, navigate to the Bluetooth Preferences page, but do not tap 'Add Device' yet.
4. Make sure the Jawbone is on (it should be flashing red every 6 seconds).
5. Press the Jawbone buttons in this order, and fairly quickly: NoiseAssassin, Talk, Talk, NoiseAssassin, Talk, Talk.
6. The Jawbone should now be flashing red and white showing that it is in a manual pairing mode.
7. Tap 'Add Device' on the Pre. It should find the Jawbone and pair successfully.
Seems to work for me, I am so glad - this problem was driving me crazy.:)

Reactions: dcharleyultra

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21