As per BGR: Froyo to be released end of July, beginning of August....

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It's funny. I am waiting patiently for my Froyo like everyone else, but I did get an update to My Verizon on Sunday. It is actually a full working app now, with usage detail and even an upgrade eligibility graph that countsdown from 24 months to zero. I remember that this was supposed to be included in the new boot animation/720p OTA. So maybe there is some validity to this. I seem to find a new reason to love my Droid Incredible everyday!

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
As a former storm 1&2 user interface can say my desire for an update has gone from being a requirement to possibly fixed and screwed up phone to curiosity on how they can make this phone even better than it already is. I can't wait for the next step forward because it will be a leap ahead instead of a step back.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Battery charge seems to be a hardware issue, nobody is for sure. There is no signal strength issue I'm aware of except for the display of bars. That's all bound on the algorithm they use to figure what bars to show. And in the end affects nothing on the phone. Also the phone goes over to 1x while in sleep mode(screen off) so the bars change when you actually start to use it. So no I don't believe there will be any fix for those in this update, and you probably will never see them I believe.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There are always ways to make the phone run more efficiently with software updates. We have seen it with the iPhone numerous times over the past couple years. I am sure HTC can make the phone sip a bit less juice :)

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen any updates pushed out? Surprised this thread doesn't have more attention....

No, there hasn't been any pushed updates, yet.

It'll come; patience is part of Android ;)

However, I'd be expecting it very soon. Maybe this week.

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No, there hasn't been any pushed updates, yet.

It'll come; patience is part of Android ;)

However, I'd be expecting it very soon. Maybe this week.

I have had a feeling that we would see it soon, but all the smoke has gone away and I dont see any signs it is coming. You have any of that awesome "inside information"?

Sorry, but I got a kidney stone, so i am looking for something good to make me forget it.

Does Froyo have an app that would zap a kidney stone?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had a feeling that we would see it soon, but all the smoke has gone away and I dont see any signs it is coming. You have any of that awesome "inside information"?

Sorry, but I got a kidney stone, so i am looking for something good to make me forget it.

Well, it isn't /new/, but it is interesting in case you haven't seen it: Twitter / Verizon Wireless: Told ya :) RT @BGR HTC DRO ... Basically, it's the Verizon Tech Support twitter employees confirming what BGR posted. So it is coming. :)

As for the kidney stones... DROID DOES. Maybe. :rolleyes:

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Not Froyo exclusive, but maybe if you get one of the "Dog Whistle" apps from the market, plug your phone into a loud enough stereo system, blast a high enough frequency, and stand with your kidney area against the speakers, maybe you could pulverize them...

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not Froyo exclusive, but maybe if you get one of the "Dog Whistle" apps from the market, plug your phone into a loud enough stereo system, blast a high enough frequency, and stand with your kidney area against the speakers, maybe you could pulverize them...

I am going to try this now. If you have ever had a kidney stone, you would know it is worth trying!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try this now. If you have ever had a kidney stone, you would know it is worth trying!

Just remember... I am not a certified Doctor, just the resident lunatic... These claims have not been verified by the FDA, Android Central, Google or the developer of the Dog Whistle app...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma