Phone restarting randomly?

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I read in the Evo 4G forum that people had restarting phones that randomly happened, so has anyone experienced this with the Incredible? If so, is there reason and/or solution for it? Mine has done it 2 times today.

valhallasky

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this problem as well. Heck, today my phone even randomly rebooted in the middle of a phone conversation!

I never use live wallpapers. My widgets are an assortment of stock, Facebook, gReader, MixZing, Astrid, TapaTalk, and Transdroid. Third party background apps are FoxyRing, UltimateJuice, and Tasker. Anyone have any issues while running any of those?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this problem as well. Heck, today my phone even randomly rebooted in the middle of a phone conversation!

I never use live wallpapers. My widgets are an assortment of stock, Facebook, gReader, MixZing, Astrid, TapaTalk, and Transdroid. Third party background apps are FoxyRing, UltimateJuice, and Tasker. Anyone have any issues while running any of those?

Considering you have two apps that affect Android at a lower level than most apps, UltimateJuice and Tasker, it could be conflicting with Sense and basically crashing your phone. I had my phone do this one time and I removed ATK and never had another issue.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Considering you have two apps that affect Android at a lower level than most apps, UltimateJuice and Tasker, it could be conflicting with Sense and basically crashing your phone. I had my phone do this one time and I removed ATK and never had another issue.

I'll remove ATK tonight and see if I have the problem again.

valhallasky

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I've had Tasker installed for quite some time and UltimateJuice is the newer of the two. Restarts and FCs of Sense and system apps didn't start happening until last week, so I'll start from UltimateJuice and work my way back.

Funny though. The only thing UltimateJuice messes with is disabling and enabling APN every 5 mins and leaving it enabled when the screen is on. Could it be that other programs are having a coniption fit because they can't update themselves at will?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, I read in the Evo 4G forum that people had restarting phones that randomly happened, so has anyone experienced this with the Incredible? If so, is there reason and/or solution for it? Mine has done it 2 times today.

I have had when removing from charger , sometimes it starts up just from unpluging charger from wall(sometimes not 100% everytime).I have had once when a app phone didnt like but I figured it out and fixed that by removing that app.
I was going to vid my phone booting showing me unpluging it but Everytime I was recording the phone would not self boot when I unpluged it .This Am when I unpluged it I was not recording it and it did , lol :p Go figure !

I have not had phone just shut off and reboot just from using or carrying it around though .

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem occasionally, but I haven't noticed it happen yet since I have had the leaked update on my phone

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Never had this issue, but from reading this forum I've observed that several people have had to have their DIs replaced because of it.

OldSchool

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Had my DINC do this on Saturday while I was outdoors at my son's swim meet. I heard the alert sound while my phone was in the holster a few times and thinking I had messages I checked it. No messages but the phone was restarting on its own. My daughter, who has the original Droid said that her first phone did that frequently during the first week she had it. VZW replaced it. FWIW, my DINC hasn't done it again since. Hope it was a fluke since I'm kind of attached to my phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I can also live with it rebooting itself on after I unplug it once in a while, since that seems Not to affect the performance . The other problem I have hasn't happen again and hope That one was a fluke too.;) I prefer to be able to keep this phone but it has to function correct , lol

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Every once in a while, I've had the phone reboot as it's unplugged. The phone also went into rebooting cycle over the weekend when I was using GPS navigation, which I posted about a couple of days ago - it was suggested it may have been related to battery temp. But those are my only incidents so far.

I prefer not to return my phone too - I finally have it all organized the way I like it. :p So far it hasn't been too much of an issue, but if it gets to be a frequent occurrence I'll reconsider.

meekzzz

May 12, 2010
Visit site
mine was restarting like 30 times a day. Performed a factory reset and didnt install any apps to rule out software errors. whenever it rebooted i noticed the phone was warm so it might have been overheating.

i called VZW and they replaced it. Only thing the rep asked was if I had performed a factory reset to see if problem went away. The call lasted maybe 5 minutes max so i think there might be other units out there having issues like this..

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine still does restart when its off when I unplug from the wall with the phone off. It restarts either after the light is green or if just plug in for a lil bit at times too (so not a total charge).No apps at all installed the only thing is email synced and popserver mail synced.

I was talking with vzw again after getting email reply . They said that the soonest they could send me another is 8/3 ,so I had this phone for not even 3 weeks (after waiting on the shipping for a month ).I dont know why because others dont seem to have to wait in line again which appears to be what they want me to do . They also want to force me to pay for this phone IF if decide to do that and then get credited it back when they get old phone back .I talked to a sup. and got the same answers.I have a perfect record with vzw always paid 14-10 days before phone bill due :confused:

PS: I was on the phone with them for 1 1/2 hrs total including when on hold.I actually got that automated customer survey calling me before I ever got my phone call answered. I saw someone calling so while on hold I clicked on that call and heard the recording I hung up on it and was still on hold for tech help.

Last edited:

JaggedEdge

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Both mine and the wife's incredibles restart every once in a while, usually in low signal areas. I am hoping that the upcoming update will fix it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I am hoping the update fixes that too. I am giving up on trying to get it replaced for now(soonest they could get me one would be 2 weeks away). I really prefer keeping this phone since everything else fine.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae