I was one of the online pre-orders that received the first batch of Incredibles that were released. I love the phone, but i'm having all kinds of weird issues.

Sometimes while trying to dial a contact (once in every 10 to 15 calls), the screen will start the counter, as if it's dialing, but if I put my ear up to the phone, I can't hear any ringing. If someone picks up on the other end, I can hear them, but I can also hear this really REALLY high pitched ringing noise coming from the phone. The person on the other end of the phone cannot here me.

Sometimes while browsing through apps, if I try to adjust something like the volume or quickly switch between apps, the phone will just lock up, then reboot itself. This is happening more and more often now, probably at least twice to three times a day.

Randomly, my widgets (Pandora and my Task Manager in general), will stretch out horizontally, so they are all out of proportion. This will not fix itself until the phone is rebooted.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Will I be able to get a replacement if I call regarding the above examples?
    07-23-2010 12:27 PM
    First, it might help to know what apps you've downloaded and installed.

Assuming there's nothing problematic there, my next question is: have you done a hard / master reset of the phone?
    07-23-2010 12:30 PM
    Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if this fixes your issues? If not I would try that first but remember if you do you will need to download all your apps again and set the phone up from scratch.
    07-23-2010 12:32 PM
    I have not tried that yet. I'm not to worried about re-downloading the apps, but I am worried about losing all my text notes and crap.
    07-23-2010 12:36 PM
    If you get a replacement you will lose your notes that way too. What task manager are you using some can cause problems like ATK.
    07-23-2010 12:38 PM
    If you still have a problem after the hard reset, check your task manager.

Then see what apps you have. That could be causing some problems as well, if it isn't coded right.
    07-23-2010 12:41 PM
    I'd first remove the task manager and see if that helps. I've never had a task manager on mine and I have a slew of apps that I run at will and never once had even a slowdown. Android does a great job of managing resources, so a task manager is unnecessary IMO.
    07-23-2010 12:48 PM
    Trying that now. What's this about new incredibles not having AMOLED screens??
    07-23-2010 01:01 PM
    Trying that now. What's this about new incredibles not having AMOLED screens??
    I haven't seen anyone post on this forum that they Haven't gotten an AMOLED screen yet tho . So far all have said they had (amoled screens)even ones just now getting them in the shipping thread
    07-23-2010 01:23 PM
    I haven't seen anyone post on this forum that they Haven't gotten an AMOLED screen yet tho . So far all have said they had (amoled screens)even ones just now getting them in the shipping thread
    So is there some official announcement where they are telling customers future incredible phones aren't going to have AMOLED screens? If so, why? Is it because of the brightness-while-outside issues?
    07-23-2010 03:33 PM
    Sometimes while trying to dial a contact (once in every 10 to 15 calls), the screen will start the counter, as if it's dialing, but if I put my ear up to the phone, I can't hear any ringing. If someone picks up on the other end, I can hear them, but I can also hear this really REALLY high pitched ringing noise coming from the phone. The person on the other end of the phone cannot here me.

Randomly, my widgets (Pandora and my Task Manager in general), will stretch out horizontally, so they are all out of proportion. This will not fix itself until the phone is rebooted.
    I have had both of these problems. The phone call issue drives me crazy because it would be a bad thing to happen when trying to dial 911 or when recieving an important call. Restarting the phone fixes the issue, but I shouldn't have to do that.
    07-23-2010 04:38 PM
    So is there some official announcement where they are telling customers future incredible phones aren't going to have AMOLED screens? If so, why? Is it because of the brightness-while-outside issues?

HTC said they would start using LCD to augment production due to the shortages of AMOLED screens. This was a while ago, but it does not look like anyone has gotten one yet here on the forums.
    07-23-2010 05:22 PM
    The issue is Samsung... they cannot make enough AMOLED screens... in order to keep Incredible's flowing in the pipeline, HTC has decided to switch to LCD screens to keep up with product demand.
    07-23-2010 05:28 PM
    I would suggest just trying to do a battery pull and see if the soft reset works. If not then I would try to do a master reset. You can backup all your texts, notes, and other stuff. Just search in the marketplace for a backup app. If neither of those work then I would think about a replacement just remember you are going to get a refurbished handset or if its not then it might be a sony LCD screen instead of AMOLED.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    07-23-2010 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD