Contact Photos

valhallasky

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I seem to keep running into a weird Sense UI quirk.

I'll change the contact photo from the Facebook to Google specified, and save the changes. It'll show that it changed, but when the person calls, or when I reopen the People app, it's back to the Facebook photo! Only once have I gotten the Google photo to stick and not be reverted, and I didn't do anything different that I am aware of.

Is there a trick to this I am not grasping? Has anyone else had this problem?

valhallasky

May 26, 2010
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, it hasn't resynced the photos with Facebook in a week.

If it IS an overlay issue, how do I turn it off? And why does it only do it to some contacts and not others? (I've gotten two more to stick, somehow; all my "forced" photos are replacing Facebook photos.)

This is very random and annoying. :sigh:

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my contact photos. They don't update when my friends change their Facebook profile photo. Is there some setting I need to change to have this happen?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't sync w facebook, but I do have contact photos sync.
I went into the contacts on the device and then hit the link (it's broken chains) on the contact and it updates the photo, but usually after a power down/ up.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my contact photos. They don't update when my friends change their Facebook profile photo. Is there some setting I need to change to have this happen?

I seem to keep running into a weird Sense UI quirk.

I'll change the contact photo from the Facebook to Google specified, and save the changes. It'll show that it changed, but when the person calls, or when I reopen the People app, it's back to the Facebook photo! Only once have I gotten the Google photo to stick and not be reverted, and I didn't do anything different that I am aware of.

Is there a trick to this I am not grasping? Has anyone else had this problem?

I was having both of these issues. I had two pics I could not get to stay to the pics I assigned for them. They kept being changed to their facebook pic and I had other contacts that I changed their pic and it stayed and never went back to their facebook pic. Also I had a few contacts that had changed their facebook pic and the picture never updated on my phone like it should. I could never figure out what the issue was so I just deleted my facebook account on my phone and added it back in and re-synced it and all was good and I haven't had any issues since.