ChompSMS and Factory Messages app...

biggins82786

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using ChompSMS pretty much since I got the phone the day after it came out. I love the app but it's been a bit sluggish here recently and when trying to go back to the stock Messages app...it locks the phone up? Any ideas as to why it would do this. It opens on some of the conversations in the list, seemingly as long as it has less than 200 messages on the conversation count. When I go to open the conversation with my lady friend which has 9000+ messages, it locks up the app AND the phone. When it locks up, I have to pull the battery to get the phone to work again.

I guess my questions are :
Why does the phone lock up when trying to use the stock Messages app?
Is there a way to delete SMS messages from the phone to lighten the load?

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Your phone locks up because you have 9000 messages from your lady friend. That's a CRAPLOAD of texts. The best way I've found to delete them is to long press each message thread and delete them one by one when given the option. I've not tried anything other way, since I don't generate the same text volume. Also, I'm texting using Handcent, which seems similar to crunchSMS (used it on my Storm). But the long press is an Android standard menu toggle, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't work for you too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Pressing the Menu key also gives you the option to delete threads. When you select it, it will ask you if you want to delete ALL threads, and you can choose to or hit the back key to abort.

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
There is also a app that converts your text messages to gmail, so you can save the messages off... Then switch over to HandcentSMS which will allow you to do batch deletions. ;-)

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Use the app Backup to Gmail to send them to your mailbox then delete the texts in Chomp. Thats too many msgs.

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
9000 messages??!! You are obviously still in the dating stage. I don't think I could come up with 9000 things to text my wife on a bet. Unless it was something along the lines of “Don’t forget to scoop the cat litter.” “It’s your turn” “no it’s your turn” “No your turn” “crap” ;)

Trim the thread you should be ok.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984