Unable to type when rotated

Stanleyj42#AC

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have only had my incredible for about 5 days and I have had to pull the battery so that i can type txt messages when it is rotated.

I was trying to send a text message and noticed that when it is rotated the characters that i am typing are not appearing in the message box. The keyboard recognizes that i am typing because it shows words that it recomends but it will not display the characters. I rotate the phone upright and the typed letters show and i am able to continue the message

I rotate the phone back and it say tap to compose again. I pulled the battery and rebooted the phone and now all is well again.

Has anyone experienced this issue or is this a know glich?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Typically, you can simply reboot and not have to worry about pulling the battery if things get a little screwy.

Anyway, that's pretty odd. Checks the apps you've downloaded: do any of them have anything to do with how the screens look? Are you using a different keyboard app? Task Killer installed?

Stanleyj42#AC

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I do not have a keyboard app but I did install task Killer. I thought something named task killer running in the background might not be a good idea. LOL. Thank you for your response.