Share the leaked Froyo goodness HERE

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Loaded Froyo last night. Got rid of CityID, VVM, MyVerizon, Flickr, VZ Nav. Downloaded and installed all my apps from the market except Sky Map, which wouldn't install for some reason. Added wireless tether app and tested. Works well. So far I like Froyo a lot. Many small tweaks that enhance usability.

When I have a Storm 9530 I would lurk on CrackBerry waiting for a leaked OS. This brings back memories.

Only these aren't bad. :)

The difference being that each leak...each hybrid would break something to fix something else.

There are reported bugs with this leak. OK...I think that's to be expected. It wasn't ready for mass consumption.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Loaded Froyo last night. Got rid of CityID, VVM, MyVerizon, Flickr, VZ Nav. Downloaded and installed all my apps from the market except Sky Map, which wouldn't install for some reason. Added wireless tether app and tested. Works well. So far I like Froyo a lot. Many small tweaks that enhance usability.

When I have a Storm 9530 I would lurk on CrackBerry waiting for a leaked OS. This brings back memories.

Only these aren't bad. :)

To get Google sky to work just unmount your sdcard then download and install from the market. After the install ypu can mount the sdcard again.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Great, thanks for answering that question. Lack of voice dialing was a MAJOR flaw. Anyone have any comments on well it works, or is it entirely dependent upon the BT device being used...

I'm interested as well. Is the BT voice dialing at least as good as the Voice Dial app?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, no stuttering when scrolling through them. Sense seems much more lightweight now, as well. It isn't; it has just gotten faster.

Yeah I noticed that with the previous 2.2 ruins people Put out. Over all with it ,it seems to make everything rub that much better.

Sent from my phone, indeed!

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I noticed that with the previous 2.2 ruins people Put out. Over all with it ,it seems to make everything rub that much better.

Sent from my phone, indeed!

When the dust settles, I might go with a custom ROM. I was kinda liking that keyboard that the Nexus One has that CyanogenMod has in 6.0.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would like to hear more about BT as well. I'm hoping it can now send my contacts to my car's BT system. Currently I had to program my contacts in my car, in which I onlt did a few. but it would be nice if it could send them all.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
There any decent guides for rooting and installing custom roms for the Incredible?

There was some very nice ones for my Moto Droid back when I had it which made rooting very easy. Little "scared" sort to say to try an root my Inc though I want to try 2.2 :)

cjpederson

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I heard that 2.2 will support Exchange that requires a PIN number for extra security. Can anyone verify this for me? I'm debating on whether or not to purchase TouchDown or just wait until I'm able to upgrade to 2.2.