Snapdragon

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
i'm not an expert but i read that the hummingbird is better on the battery life and has a better gpu, meaning it can run more intense graphics and animations better than the snapdragon. they're both 1 ghz

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

bearmacerick

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
That article is pretty good. It'll probly confuse a lot of people that aren't familiar with cpu architecture or hardware in general, though.

Basically, they are both similar in that they have both revolutionized the smartphone world by increasing potential. It's also significant because the ability to get that much power in to a chip that small is amazing. The humingbird is slightly better than the snapdragon - not by a TON, but it is noteworthy, IMHO.

I think it's similar to ~10 years ago when Intel finally started producing P4s over 1Ghz and getting around 3Ghz. Transistors have been shrinking a lot faster in the past 2/3 years as well, so 45nm (the size of the transistors... smaller is better) is a great advancement for the hummingbird. This ultimately will allow the chips to run even faster because they don't run as hot, and heat is the main enemy of electronics.