Incredible with Froyo

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I intstalled that I am running 2.2 but it does not say "droid" during boot up.....what do I need to do?

Reflash the pb31 stock unrooted ROM...reflash the OTA...root, if desired...reflash the Froyo ROM...in that order.

Make sure you wipe before flashing the ROMs.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I only got as far as the update.zip installed but unrevoked didn't work so how do I go back to stock? I'm not rooted just installed the ota since .zip and changed it to update.zip and o have 720p but need to go back to stock thanks for the help.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I only got as far as the update.zip installed but unrevoked didn't work so how do I go back to stock? I'm not rooted just installed the ota since .zip and changed it to update.zip and o have 720p but need to go back to stock thanks for the help.

Did you change your dinc_ota file to update.zip?

The instructions are not real clear on this. Change the name of the file to simply update

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok can I download it and do it over the phone or do I have to use a computer? I tried doing it and it didn't work I very new at this so I don't know alot.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok can I download it and do it over the phone or do I have to use a computer? I tried doing it and it didn't work I very new at this so I don't know alot.

Download it to your computer. Plug your phone in and mount it as a disk drive. Copy the file to the root directory of your SD card.

This is where it gets tricky with me helping you...I'm doing it from memory, which in my case isn't usually a good thing. I also have Clockwork Mod's recovery on my phone, so I can't bring it up to look.

Boot into hboot...power and volume down buttons at the same time. When hboot is done peeking at your sd card, use your volume button to highlight "recovery," then hit the power button. When you get the triangle screen, hit the up volume button and the power button at the same time to get into recovery.

This step is important. I don't know the exact verbage, but you want to wipe the data/factory reset, then wipe the cache partition. Use the volume button to highlight your selection, then power button to select.

When you're done wiping, select something along the lines of "install zip from sdcard." When the phone's done it's thing, it will be back to that minty fresh installation that was on your phone when you bought it.

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Question that probably has a very simple answer:

The key from the old HTC keyboard that minimized the keyboard so you could see the rest of the screen has been removed. How do I get rid of the new keyboard if I need to see what's underneath it?

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Question that probably has a very simple answer:

The key from the old HTC keyboard that minimized the keyboard so you could see the rest of the screen has been removed. How do I get rid of the new keyboard if I need to see what's underneath it?

Hit the Back softkey.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok when it first comes on o try to click but it automatically goes to SD checking then it says main version is older update fail do you want to reload or reboot device o choose no and then try to click recovery and nothing happens. Did I miss a step?

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok when it first comes on o try to click but it automatically goes to SD checking then it says main version is older update fail do you want to reload or reboot device o choose no and then try to click recovery and nothing happens. Did I miss a step?

Mine is saying main version is older as well. I'm trying to flash back to Stock 2.1...can I just flash it in cwm?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Your clicking on the recovery using the power button and nothing happens right? If that's the case I would search over on XDA for a solution or wait for someone else to give you some advice because I'm not sure what the problem could be but I'm guessing its the bootloader.

iamtone

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been very impressed with battery.

I have the stock battery, installed Froyo today, was almost constantly downloading apps and getting things back to normal. Browsing the web, updating Twitter/Facebook. I got it down to 42%. I started around 9 am, and ended at 10:30 pm. I'm very impressed.

Also, the biggest difference in speed is when you are installing apps. It doesn't slow down or stutter. It just flies through them. Color me impressed.

ive been running froyo for a full day now and batteery life is alot better then 2.1 for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech