Nexus One, Incredible or Droid X?

Nexus One, Incredible, Droid X or something else?

• Total voters

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've currently got a Nexus One on AT&T but I'm thinking of making a change to Verizon. So, I need to decide if I should get the Incredible or X. I like the size of the Incredible over the X but that may be just because I like the size of my iPhone and the X just seems so big... Anyway, what do you all think? (I'm pretty sure by posting this thread in here, I'll get a skewed response but it's got to go somewhere and since there isn't a general discussion forum, it might as well go here.)

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It is a matter of personal opinion and preference mostly related with how the size and feel work for you . Have you gone to a store and held each of the phones slipped them in your pocket and what not? That may help. I am completely happy with my purchase of the incredible and after having it for +2 months I still get happy using it and showing it off to my friends who are die hard apple icrap users. The only thing I wish the incredible had that the x does is an hdmi out but not a deal breaker for me.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
If you absolutely need to switch the Verizon, then the Incredible is essentially the same thing as your Nexus (just has Sense UI and an 8 MP camera). It's a great phone. If you'd rather try something new, get the X. You could always take advantage of the first 30 days to see if you like it. If you don't, return and get the other.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey, now, I *love* my iPhone. I also like android. My big concern is that text entry on android sucks. I wonder if the larger screen on the X makes it better.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Something I think is missing from the android keyboards I've tried - stock, BetterKeyboard, Smartkeyboard, Swiftkey - the letter overlay you get when you press a button is detached from the key you tapped. Meaning, the little square with the letter isn't visually connected to the key you tapped. It's like they're floating above the keyboard. It's very disconcerting.

The iPhone's keyboard shows a visual connection between where your finger is and what is "blown up". I really miss that. IMO, the iPhone's soft keyboard is the best implementation I've ever seen. Unfortunately, android's offerings aren't even close. I think I'm going to go to the store and test drive each of the phones and see how they do with text entry. I wish reviews spent a little more time talking about this part of the OS. It's really important to me and it's rarely mentioned.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm at the verizon store right now . swype is pretty cool. I've got to say that the x is a very nice device. The incredible is a little less impressive. Too bad they don't have any in stock.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I played with my coworker's X yesterday. I was really surprised at how sluggish the UI is. On the Incredible, everything is just snappy. I know the X has the more powerful processor, but it doesn't show where it counts, to my eye.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Most reviewers say that the droid x multitouch keyboard is a better implementation then iphone.... just saying.

Sent from my Droid

Got any links? I'm really interested in hearing from people how the keyboard stacks up to the iPhone's. I write quite a bit on my iPhone and I'd like to be able to do the same on the android phone I settle on.

slayerfaith1982

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I played with my coworker's X yesterday. I was really surprised at how sluggish the UI is. On the Incredible, everything is just snappy. I know the X has the more powerful processor, but it doesn't show where it counts, to my eye.

I think it's because Motorola's pretty pointless UI "enhancements" they made. I don't find them attractive or very useful (especially when 2.2 hits.)

Plus the X is just too damn big for me lol. I'm only 5'3 and don't wear super baggy jeans/pants (but not hipster skinny jeans either for the record) and I don't think the X would fit comfortably in the pocket. The DInc does nicely.

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Got any links? I'm really interested in hearing from people how the keyboard stacks up to the iPhone's. I write quite a bit on my iPhone and I'd like to be able to do the same on the android phone I settle on.

Originally I was going to say if you want something very similar to the Nexus 1, get the Incredible. But you said you already been to the store and check out the DI and DX. Me personally, I type better (make less mistakes) on my DX than my DI. I would say the DX is the same, if not better, than my 3GS (as far as typing goes). I'm starting to use Swype, and I love it! Go back to the store and type in the DX and see how it compares. If it's too big for you, get the DI or wait for the D2 and try that out.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think, with the D2 only a couple weeks away, I think I'll wait and see if the physical keyboard is any good. I had the D1 for a few weeks and I liked the form factor but the keyboard was crap. (Can you tell I'm sensitive to input devices?)

The size of the X was surprising not an issue after I used it for a few minutes. Does the Incredible have Swype?

tech42er#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Plus the X is just too damn big for me lol. I'm only 5'3 and don't wear super baggy jeans/pants (but not hipster skinny jeans either for the record) and I don't think the X would fit comfortably in the pocket. The DInc does nicely.

The X's size is only an issue when you're holding it. It's thinner than the Inc and easily fits in any pocket, even jeans pockets and shirt pockets. That said, if you can't reach the top of the screen to pull down the notification bar with one hand, it's probably not worth it to get the X. As far as the UI, I love the resizable widgets but Sense is definitely nicer and smoother.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1