Phone switches to silent mode by itself

droidme

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I generally keep my phone on vibrate but I find that periodically without my doing anything, it somehow switches to silent mode. (I notice this when I miss a call). Any idea what might be causing this. I know I sometimes accidentally hit the side volume buttons. Could this cause a switch to silent mode?

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I generally keep my phone on vibrate but I find that periodically without my doing anything, it somehow switches to silent mode. (I notice this when I miss a call). Any idea what might be causing this. I know I sometimes accidentally hit the side volume buttons. Could this cause a switch to silent mode?

The pushing the volume down button could be the culprit, if you hit it enough it will go to silent mode, done it once or twice myself.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I generally keep my phone on vibrate but ............. I know I sometimes accidentally hit the side volume buttons. Could this cause a switch to silent mode?

yup, i do that at least a few times a week when my phone is on vibrate at home. when i go to hit the lock button (with the phone in my right hand) i notice sometimes my finger hits the volume button right before she locks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36