It is, AWESOME. I have a few questions:

-Since I got it today, is it running the latest OS of 2.1 build?

-Is it possible to delete web browsing history/cache/etc?

-Any rubber cases that you would recommend?

-I heard you need a task manager installed, or is there a built-in task manager?

-Is the phone durable?

-On normal use, how long will the battery last?

-IT'S A SEXY PHONE (I'm afraid to touch it xD)

thankss! also, how do I download the super mario live wallpaper?
    08-06-2010 04:07 PM
    From what I have read, Do Not , install a task manager on your Dinc. It should not need one because its memory management is good. I have read that Task Managers may cause you more problems than they help.
    08-06-2010 04:10 PM
    In your browser settings , MENU>more>settings>scroll down the list that pops up and you will see those (cookie,history,cache).When you click on them a pop up box appears and you have to click "OK" on that pop up box ,,after they are cleaned out the writing for them will be dimmer in appearance.

I have not found a case that I am totally sold on yet , I got a light weight case on now but its not all that , lol still looking on that .

Zagg screen protector on both my D-INC. and DX

I wouldnt use a task manger either , I just let the OS take care of things running

I have had the battery last 24 hrs with light to moderate use on a stock battery, it wasnt totally drained then .But I was done for the day lol.That does vary tho but it always last me tho the day .
    08-06-2010 04:32 PM
    -You have 2.1.
    -In the browser hit the menu button, then select "More" for then "Settings" to wipe data.
    -Don't know cases
    -Most experienced people say task killers are not needed. Android "sleeps" apps when they are not in use. "Killing" them takes up more resources because they have to be reinitialized often. They can also stop processes you don't want to stop. That's what I hear from knowledgeable people.
    -I have dropped mine a few times (unfortunately) and there is still not a scratch on it. No case. Fingers crossed.
    -I was seeing about 5 hours of "up time" battery use. If you let it sit there not in use, it will go longer. It will go longer still if you put in airplane mode and let it sit there if you really don't need it for an hour or two. I just loaded Froyo and just started using SetCPU (rooted only). I expect SetCPU do work like magic. I already see better battery.
    -Go to AppBrain.com and sign in with your google account. Then download the AppBrain from the Market. Now you can browse appbrain.com and find the Mario LWP. Then when you open the AppBrain app, and sync it, it will be there ready for you to install.
    08-06-2010 04:37 PM
    How do I download Super Mario Live Wallpaper?
    08-06-2010 04:56 PM
    Sorry. It may or may not be in the Market. You can get it from the dev here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710647
    08-06-2010 04:58 PM
    Oh & do you have to be rooted to get that new Droid Incredible start-up screen?
    08-06-2010 05:03 PM
    I had a speck case on my iPhone best case in my opinion and now they make one for the Dinc but you can only buy it on verizonwireless.com tough durable case that feels great in your hand
    08-06-2010 05:23 PM
    I have the glossy silicone case available at Verizon and love it. It fits great, protects the camera lens, and is easy to remove. The form factor is tight fitting to the phone and most people don't even realize there is a case on the phone.
    08-06-2010 05:53 PM
    Oh & I heard you can use the Incredible's camera as a webcam, is it true?
    08-06-2010 05:55 PM
    I have the high glossy black case for mine. Allows you to lay on its face without being damaged and it also protects the camera lens. Very sexy.
    08-06-2010 10:46 PM
    i just got mine today too and like you, i'm afraid to smudge it haha. the first accessory i purchased was a hard covered case and that already has done its job. i already see scratches on the back and near the top side of my cases. i like silicone cases but i can't seem to find a good one so until then, this case is doing the job =)
    08-07-2010 12:52 AM
    Incredible owners:
    Text messages -- how are they displayed on the Incredible? Are they chat style like on the DX? Or just plain one message per page? Any help is appreciated. Screenshots would be great!
    Thanks!
    08-07-2010 02:12 PM
    chat style
    08-07-2010 02:24 PM
    Yeah threaded text style , not indentical to the DX its not in those little bubble like chat balloons on the incredible like it is the DX , but otherwise same
    08-07-2010 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD