A couple of questions for y'all. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default action when you hit somebody's portrait in this widget? I have a few people who I default-call, but after a few accidental calls I'd like to change that to view their contact instead.

Also, when I was searching for an answer to this, I came across a couple people who said that this widget causes severe battery drain. Anyone know if this is true?

Thanks in advance.
    08-06-2010 05:10 PM
    Yes there is. Maybe long press the picture..... I forget... I use Launcher pro.....
    08-06-2010 05:13 PM
    A couple of questions for y'all. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default action when you hit somebody's portrait in this widget? I have a few people who I default-call, but after a few accidental calls I'd like to change that to view their contact instead.

Also, when I was searching for an answer to this, I came across a couple people who said that this widget causes severe battery drain. Anyone know if this is true?

Thanks in advance.

Open People and find the contact you want to change. Select that contact, press MENU>MORE>SET WIDGET ACTION. This will allow you to change the default widget action.

As for the battery drain, this widget doesn't pull any information from the internet so I don't see how it would use any extra battery. I have been using it with no issues of battery consumption for weeks.
    08-06-2010 09:03 PM
    That helped immensely, thank you! Of course, I managed to call three different people on accident while changing it. lol! :P
    08-07-2010 12:49 AM
    Anyone know how the pictures can be updated automatically? It seems when I added the favorite it brought the current facebook picture, but does not seem to keep them up to date.
    08-07-2010 08:50 AM
    Anyone know how the pictures can be updated automatically? It seems when I added the favorite it brought the current facebook picture, but does not seem to keep them up to date.
    i noticed this too on 2.1 and i think it is a known issue, as for a fix, i think you have to re-sync your fb account to your phone for them to update. ever since i installed froyo, all of my fb contact pictures have been updating like they're supposed to woo
    08-07-2010 09:42 AM
    What annoys me is the load time when I use it. A simple widget like that shouldn't take that much time to load the pictures.
    08-07-2010 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD