OK, i suspect facebook as the root of my issues since my problems coincide with the timing of the last update but here's my problem:

- i'm seeing the background symbol (2 circular arrows) a lot more often and it stays for a longer time
    - my battery gets very warm even when i'm not using the phone
    - android.process.acore is using a lot of CPU. (hadn't even seen this in the first 4-5 weeks of having the phone)
    - possibly unrelated: when i add a contact for a text message there are like 20 copies of each person. maybe related b/c of facebook syncing issue? this hasn't always happened

I have advanced task killer but no auto-kill, no root - standard 2.1. Haven't used the phone much at all today and at 10:40am I am at 50%. I'm also using the HTC extended 2150 mAh battery. Please help.
    08-09-2010 09:40 AM
    I saw that same process going nuts yesterday. It was keeping my phone awake. What is your awake vs. sleep time? I kept getting a FC error on that process when I tried to view a profile in the new FB app. I ended up doing a full shut down and restart and haven't had any more problems.

One weird thing is that my brother just got on facebook and accepted me as a friend, although I didn't know he was on and I never sent out a friend request. Something if fishy with FB.
    08-09-2010 10:08 AM
    My awake vs up time was about 1:1. Ive tried a hard reset but the problem comes back.

I also just stopped at a VZW store about this and I'm pretty sure I came out dumber.
    08-09-2010 11:30 AM
    It's the Facebook app update. Was experiencing all of those symptoms yesterday, plus a "Phone Storage Low" notification until I uninstalled and cleared out Contacts Storage via Manage Applications. Roll back the Facebook app to stock (look it up in the market, and there's an option to uninstall updates there), and don't look back.
    08-09-2010 02:05 PM
    OK, i suspect facebook as the root of my issues since my problems coincide with the timing of the last update but here's my problem:

- i'm seeing the background symbol (2 circular arrows) a lot more often and it stays for a longer time
    - my battery gets very warm even when i'm not using the phone
    - android.process.acore is using a lot of CPU. (hadn't even seen this in the first 4-5 weeks of having the phone)
    - possibly unrelated: when i add a contact for a text message there are like 20 copies of each person. maybe related b/c of facebook syncing issue? this hasn't always happened

I have advanced task killer but no auto-kill, no root - standard 2.1. Haven't used the phone much at all today and at 10:40am I am at 50%. I'm also using the HTC extended 2150 mAh battery. Please help.

I was having similar issues after installing the most recent FB update (the one after the Battery drain one). I installed it on Thursday. I believe it corrupted my people app because I was unable to open anything that pulled data from the people app, the phone dialer, messages, the people app.... i had to do a factory reset to fix the people app issue. After doing the factory reset I then noticed my mobile network no longer functioned and had to get a replacement phone (I should get it tomorrow). Not sure if FB had anything to do with that. My Mobile network was working fine Saturday night but after I did the factory reset on Sunday because I couldn't even make a phone call (dialer wouldn't open) that's when I noticed the mobile network not working.

I hope you don't have the same issues.
    08-09-2010 02:24 PM
    Thx crump. Did the factory reset & things are back to normal. I'll wait on Facebook until they can get it right.

Also, next time I reset (hopefully never) ill try to remember to back up my sms. I think that's all I lost
    08-09-2010 07:52 PM
    Facebook = Axis of Evil

08-09-2010 08:04 PM
    So the other night, I decided I would get to the bottom of the issue with my awake time=up time and the good news is its fixed. The phone actually sleeps now. The bad news is, since I changed like 5 things, I'm not sure what fixed it. Here's what I did:

-removed my Flickr account
    -changed update frequency for the weather (htc)
    -removed the calendar widget
    -stopped auto sync for Facebook
    -something else I can't remember

I suspect its either #1 or #4 from that list & hope its not #5. ill slowly add things in but I'm scared to mess this good thing up. battery lasts prob 3x longer but Ive been using it pretty heavily the last few days
    08-14-2010 09:22 PM
    I'm gonna go on a limb and suggest it's the Facebook Sync since it has been problematical for many other forum users. I use Flicker as well and don’t have this problem, my HTC weather syncs every 3 hrs, I also use the HTC Calendar widget and I too don’t remember what else you did.

Glad you got it fixed.
    08-14-2010 09:27 PM
    I ran into a similar issue, my fix was simple. The active sync with my exchange calendar was constantly syncing. I changed my refresh rate to five minutes and it solved the issue. My setting was originally for as items arrive.

I think it is more of an active sync issue than anything.
    08-14-2010 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD