I dunno if anyone else has this problem, but when I put a high resolution picture of someone as their caller ID and when they call their picture pops up on my screen and it looks distorted and low quality. Any fix to this?
    08-10-2010 01:00 AM
    Nope. The limitation is on Google's end as the image is on their server. Granted, this wasn't a problem until all these high end phones came out this year! Haha
    08-10-2010 01:27 AM
    I dunno if anyone else has this problem, but when I put a high resolution picture of someone as their caller ID and when they call their picture pops up on my screen and it looks distorted and low quality. Any fix to this?
    man i hate that! picture looks like trash when they call
    08-10-2010 12:20 PM
    Glad I left mine the default picture then after reading this thread ,
    08-10-2010 12:23 PM
    You can always remove the picture in edit (people).
    08-10-2010 12:37 PM
    That's weird I never had an issue using High Quality pics for profile pics.

Droid Incredible
    08-10-2010 01:31 PM
    Mine are always horrible looking...Kind of like how when you take a photo, etc. and have to crop it for the background it makes it all pixelated......
    08-10-2010 03:52 PM
    Mine are terribly pixelated too. In the media gallery they are high res, beautiful pics, but as soon as the person calls, they show up as a very poor quality picture.
    08-10-2010 10:59 PM
    found a solution on another forum. just dont sync with google contacts and re-do all the pics and they will stay High quality
    08-11-2010 02:26 AM
    found a solution on another forum. just dont sync with google contacts and re-do all the pics and they will stay High quality
    In regards to 'google contacts' are you talking about the HTC People program or something else? I use that and Touchdown for my contacts and have this issue too...
    08-11-2010 09:58 AM
    In regards to 'google contacts' are you talking about the HTC People program or something else? I use that and Touchdown for my contacts and have this issue too...
    In setting got to sync and check off Google contact sync that did it for me
    08-13-2010 02:56 AM
    In setting got to sync and check off Google contact sync that did it for me
    I've had google contact sync unchecked since I got the phone as I don't use gmail, but still have pixelation on the contact images I have on Exchange.

If you used pix on the sd card would that help?
    08-13-2010 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD