Non-Google/Phone Contacts

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
In People, is has Google contacts (qty) and Phone contacts (qty). When I select phone exclusively, there are many more listed than the noted qty. Anybody else notice this?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have to many to count. How far are they off?

It might be including your Face Book contacts with phone numbers.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This may apply not sure, but there were TONS of duplicate contacts and it was facebook!

"If you have the 1.3.1 facebook, it's likely the culprit. I had contacts that had hundreds of duplicates, they manifest themselves as linked contacts.

Log out of facebook, clear the facebook data, and the duplicates will go away. If you log back into facebook set the contact synchronization option to not sync, it should work until they come out with an update." - jeffs

When you log out of FB, it will warn you that all data will be removed (YAHOOO) so go ahead. Then log back in and select to NOT SYNC. It worked and my contacts are WAYYYY cleaner!

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't use FB, nothing should be "connecting" to FB as I have not setup an acct on this device (nor ever will).
When I look at the "Extra" contacts, they are all in google contacts as well (and not linked) - no dupe's.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon