Well, got my Incredible today, and in the course of 'moving in' I've discovered my wifi doesn't want to work.

I've done the following:
    1) pulled the battery (I'm an old BB user..knee jerk reaction)
    2) recycled modem and route
    3) removed WEP encryption so network was open (temporarily)

All three no dice, and I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?
    08-11-2010 07:30 PM
    Does the phone see the modem and just won't connect?
    08-11-2010 07:57 PM
    It sees the networks. Also, I was just able to connect to my neighbor's super weak unprotected network.

Just seems to be my excellent signal strength network where I get the 'unsuccessful' response.
    08-11-2010 08:54 PM
    Disregard; I'm good. I updated the (four year old) firmware on the router and that seemed to have done the trick!
    08-11-2010 09:08 PM
    Are you using an N Router in N only mode?

The stock radio won't do N yet until the Updates.

I've had problems with mine connecting to WPA2 AES encryption, I set it to WPA TKIP and all was good.
    08-11-2010 09:10 PM
    Are you using an N Router in N only mode?

The stock radio won't do N yet until the Updates.

I've had problems with mine connecting to WPA2 AES encryption, I set it to WPA TKIP and all was good.
    Nope, it's an old Linksys WRT54GS Wireless G Router. Not an N router. Post firmware update now connects consistently 100% of the time.
    08-12-2010 10:03 AM
    Mine wouldnt connect this am either .It had been connecting fine I got an "N" capable Router. I found my problem tho . It was my internet was down ,found that out when I saw desktop would not connect either kinda throwed me for a minute because I was still sleepy at 4 am , ha
    08-12-2010 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD