Will Droid Incredible work in Antigua??

krDroid

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to Antigua on Sunday and wondering if my dinc will work there? I called customer service and they said it will not work at all- not even the WiFi. But i thought i heard somewhere that it will work- it just would cost $1.99 per minute to make calls... but that WiFi on airplane mode works. anyone know firsthand if it works in the caribbean?

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Unless they have CDMA service, no it won't work. I'm pretty sure they only have GSM service.

You can always rent a phone while you are there.

Not really sure why WiFi would not work as long as you can get connected. but that would not be for cell phone calls.

bbalak

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just went on a Cruse

Verizon will not work outside the US. I called before we went on our vacation to the Eastern Caribbean on a cruise on Carnival. Service was available on the boat for $2/min talk or $0.50/outgoing text or $0.05/incoming text. When we were in the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten, service was roaming on other networks at crazy prices. I was told by Verizon that since I had unlimited data, I could use as much of that as possible via WiFi or cell signal. Texts were also free as long as I didn't go over my 500/month.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
That seems odd bbalak. I was just in mexico, my phone works fine there, but it is like $2 a min or something. So I wouldn't say it won't work outside the us...it will work just it costs more.

Has me wondering about the wifi and cell signal data, though the wifi I had there was crappy at its best. I just turned off anything related to data and used it for calls and texts. Made a handful of each...still cost like $60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz