06-08-2012 08:44 PM
41 12
tools
    So my phone is giving me the Low on space Phone storage space is getting low warning AGAIN! I just reset the phone a week ago...

Last time it was the email client that was the cause of it, so I made sure to install the K-9 email app. Now my contacts storage is showing over 110mb! what is going on here? This is really starting to annoy me. How do I fix this? Should I push the clear data option under the contacts storage in manage apps, or will this delete all my contacts? Please help me this is really frustrating.

Thanks guys.
    08-14-2010 01:36 AM
    anyone?
    08-14-2010 01:32 PM
    Seeing this on a friend's Incredible. She's got 6.23GB out of 6.60 for internal storage space, 685MB out of 748MB for Phone memory, but keep she keeps getting a message that says Low on Space phone storage is getting low. We took it down to VZW 2 weeks ago, they had her do a hard reset, and it worked for a week, but now it's back. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?
    08-14-2010 01:39 PM
    as long as your contacts are synced you can do the clear data option. I did it once and it worked just fine and got rid of the warning. It will come back though, I had it yesterday a couple times. Did some email management and uninstalled some apps. HTC needs to fix this crap fast. it will affect more users everyday and they WILL NOT have the knowledge to get it fixed
    08-14-2010 01:47 PM
    make sure you do not install the new facebook update, that is what was causing the problem for me.
    08-14-2010 03:11 PM
    ok so I cleared my contact storage data, but how do I go about pulling all my contacts back down from the VZW backup assistant?
    08-14-2010 06:13 PM
    I don't have this problem but I also don't use Facebook.
    Many people have been suspicious that the Facebook app is causing this problem.
    08-14-2010 06:48 PM
    Could be you mail settings, Go into you mail setting and set your "Download Options" to the fewest days you can stand(Mine is set for 3 days) My "Mail Size" is set at 25kb... That cleared it up for me.

Haven't had any low memory issues in over 80 days.
    faigee likes this.
    08-14-2010 06:48 PM
    Could be you mail settings, Go into you mail setting and set your "Download Options" to the fewest days you can stand(Mine is set for 3 days) My "Mail Size" is set at 25kb... That cleared it up for me.

Haven't had any low memory issues in over 80 days.
    I run my mail settings for unlimited message size and all dates!!
    Contacts storage 2.09Mb
    Mail 12.55Mb

I strongly believe this problem to be tied to people that are using the Facebook app and it is causing a bug, as it has came up repeatedly in those phones.

Does anyone have the memory leak bug that doesn't use Facebook ??
    08-14-2010 07:27 PM
    The newest version of the FB works just fine if you DONT USE THE SYNC feature. That cause multiple contacts and will cause your contact storage to sore in size and can lead to this problem. Otherwise the FB app is fine.
    08-14-2010 07:29 PM
    The newest version of the FB works just fine if you DONT USE THE SYNC feature. That cause multiple contacts and will cause your contact storage to sore in size and can lead to this problem. Otherwise the FB app is fine.
    AHH, Confirmed !!

So the FB app is the problem when people are using sync and it's loading up their memory !

Thanks !!
    08-14-2010 07:35 PM
    I run my mail settings for unlimited message size and all dates!!
    Contacts storage 2.09Mb
    Mail 12.55Mb

I strongly believe this problem to be tied to people that are using the Facebook app and it is causing a bug, as it has came up repeatedly in those phones.

Does anyone have the memory leak bug that doesn't use Facebook ??
    Your having better luck with your mail then others... And facebook is a issue also.
    08-15-2010 12:46 AM
    yepp its facebook, my contacts have been all messed up lately, however i did a hard reset, and DID NOT sync facebook contacts with my regular contacts and all is well..for now..
    08-15-2010 01:01 AM
    i was having the SAME exact problem. it got so bad i couldn't even make a phone call or send a text. i did a hard reset... now it seems to be fine, however, all my contacts have no pics.

is there a way to fix that besides taking pics of every one?
    08-17-2010 11:03 PM
    I cleared data from Peep and other Sense apps. That fixed the problem for me.
    08-19-2010 11:28 AM
    I cleared data from Peep and other Sense apps. That fixed the problem for me.
    This is a stupid question, but how did you do that?

Manage apps>>>Clear cache/data/whatever ?
    08-19-2010 11:58 AM
    I deleted the most recent update to FB and memory message went away.
    08-29-2010 03:45 PM
    if Facebook seems to be the issue ,,how can I remove the application from my phone. It seems it won't uninstall .any ideas
    09-19-2011 11:57 AM
    I really don't understand this, it seems that everyone knows what the problem is......why can't Verizon work with HTC, and Faceboook to come up with a solution??? I guess that would make too much sense huh?
    09-19-2011 01:47 PM
    That would require Facebook writing code that is not garbage. And since they have had 30 or 40 cracks at it and still can't figure out how to write decent code...

Just my 2 cents. Always blame Facebook
    09-19-2011 04:09 PM
    It really doesn't appear to be a Facebook issue so much as how much data an app has stored. I uninstalled the facebook app, but that didn't clear it up for me. I wasn't syncing anything with facebook, so, really, that makes sense. The culprit in my case was an app called Battery Level. Just gives me a numerical display in my notification bar about my battery percentage left. The app is only 208KB, but the data was 2.5MB!!! It should only be using 4KB. There's no reason it should have much data stored. As soon as I cleared the data, the warning went away. It's a good thing too...I wasn't getting emails, texts, anything. Although if you go to apps it said I had 537MB free. Just go through your apps and find something with a huge amount of data usage that shouldn't be at those levels and clear it. Just for the record, my email is set to sync everything for unlimited and I didn't change that.
    09-19-2011 05:20 PM
    For me it was the following:

HTC Mail - I cleared cache and cleared data... I stop using it and moved to K9 mail.
    Facebook - I cleared cache and cleared data...
    Facebook for HTC Sense - I cleared cache and cleared data.

This cleared the issue on 3 phones that had the low space issue.

Now... of course, I'm sure it won't work for everyone...

Lego.
    09-19-2011 07:20 PM
    For me it was the following:

HTC Mail - I cleared cache and cleared data... I stop using it and moved to K9 mail.
    Facebook - I cleared cache and cleared data...
    Facebook for HTC Sense - I cleared cache and cleared data.

This cleared the issue on 3 phones that had the low space issue.

Now... of course, I'm sure it won't work for everyone...

Lego.
    Has anyone noticed that since the Incredible's Gingerbread update that "clear data" and "clear cache" on the MAIL application are grayed out now - even though the mail app is showing storage usage??

Hell before I was plagued by the low application data errors and now I am being plagued by the "phone storage space is getting low" message.
    09-19-2011 08:21 PM
    me too...
    09-20-2011 01:06 AM
    I'd highly recommend rooting to solve this - the low on space error was the #1 reason i rooted, and i haven't looked back.

The [ROM] Stock Gingerbread [2.3.4][Sense1.0] was based on the initial leaked Gingerbread release for our phone last month (before they delayed it) and ran very snappy and i had no problems with the low on space error at all. But when I 'upgraded' to the ROM based off the real official release you all have [ROM] ◄ Official 4.06.605.3 ► Stock PLUS , I got non-stop low on space errors again. I'd clear data on Weatherbug ( a big culprit), and other programs, and it would just come back a few hours later - insane.

So I flashed right off that sucker (running Nils Gingersense 3.0 v2.3 now, which is great by the way).

It's really incompetent that someone at HTC and/or Verizon did not fix this Gingerbread update to eliminate this horrible error.

I don't think any other update it coming, so if I were you, I'd root!
    09-20-2011 11:22 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD