Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
As long as there is the option to turn flash on or off, I don't see why someone wouldn't want flash at least as an option to use when you want to.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Most flash video's are h.264 with flash wrappers anyways. Like youtube ;)

I think it would be awesome to access these things, it all boils down to how well it actually runs on the phone. I'm figuring at least as twice as well as flashlite, and praying for totally smooth but who knows.

I want flash that doesn't crash my phone too, so maybe they have done some really extensive testing on it as well. Guess we will see at I/O this week.

I think both Google and Adobe are working as hard as they can to get Flash running great on Froyo. Why?
Google: Clear advantage for Android over iPhone OS, showcase power and openness/flexibility of Android vs. iPhone OS
Adobe: The above puts pressure on Apple to allow Flash compatibility, provides great PR if Flash run fast and securely on Android while Apple says both are impossible.

Google is throwing some dev party thingy this week as I recall and I think they are gonna show of Flash and everyone is gonna be amazed. Fingers crossed

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Man I hope everyone will be amazed. Google is all about open standards, but remember they are also pushing for HTML5 standardization which I personally hope happens soon, adobe isn't too wild about it though I would imagine. If we had HTML5 now then flash wouldn't even matter anymore. Which that is exactly what Apple is hoping for, but as of right now I want flash until HTML5 becomes wide spread. You can as of now opt into the youtube HTML5 beta but you have to use chrome or Firefox with the chrome frame plug, I started using chrome for it, and I'm very impressed with the limited to no buffering time and any time fast forward before the full video is downloaded. It's going to be a good year for smart phones ;)

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully this comes soon. U hate hearing about stuff this important but having to wait for months. Not to mention they need to fix some of the incredible's bugs already. If not froyo I hope a new update drops soon

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I would assume that HTC has/is working it right now. I would think that we should see it early/ mid Q3, which means late fall. Although if we get root soon who knows what will be in store.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
"Please take a number and be seated until you hear your number called."

I took # 42,069

Guess the wait will be a long one. ;)

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2.2 Froyo waiting room?

I Cant wait.....faster browsing experience, being able to store apps on the sd card, java 10.1, built in tethering.....agh!!!!! Im going nuts just thinking about it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm pumped for this release, looks like it will bring a lot of interesting things to us. However I've also got to ask myself if HTC learned a lesson with the Eris 2.1 update. Hopeully they get this to use quickly, I want to see what a performance increase looks like on an already fast phone, along with playing around with the Flash 10.1 beta.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Well it's not out yet for the Nexus nor is there a firm date (in the next few weeks), so it's gonna be a long wait guys :-(

I guess I don't need to be in a hurry to get a Nexus after all lol

CharlesA03

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain 2.2/Froyo/whatever for someone who is technologically ignorant?

I realize we are now using 2.1....is 2.2 basically just going to be a faster version with a few more features?

I remember upgrading my Blackberry Curve OS and not noticing much of a difference - I hope that isn't the case here. Although I do believe I read somewhere that 2.2 is testing at 450% faster or something ridiculous like that.

Are these OTA updates or is there going to be some complicated process to switch OS?

I'm just wondering what to expect....

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain 2.2/Froyo/whatever for someone who is technologically ignorant?

I realize we are now using 2.1....is 2.2 basically just going to be a faster version with a few more features?

I remember upgrading my Blackberry Curve OS and not noticing much of a difference - I hope that isn't the case here. Although I do believe I read somewhere that 2.2 is testing at 450% faster or something ridiculous like that.

Are these OTA updates or is there going to be some complicated process to switch OS?

I'm just wondering what to expect....

come on man are you serious?

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-22-froyo-officially-announced

you have to close your eyes to miss all the coverage lately. flex ur index finger and do some looking around. Right on the android central homepage there is like 10+ articles discussing 2.2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams