New Droid Incredible: best apps for battery, brightness, and To Do list

mvershel

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I just got my a Droid Incredible. I'm trying to find the best apps for these key items:

1 - Managing the battery (% left, etc) that doesn't drain the battery itself
2 - easy way to switch between brightness levels & auto-brightness (the builtin power bar shuts the display off as one of the choices -- that's hard to deal with)
3 - a todo/task list app that can sync to Outlook Exchange

Thanks!
Mark

p.s. if there are any other "must have" apps you'd suggest, please let me know

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
3) Remember the milk I think can do this, but it is a subscription.

Jorte calendar
Astrid task manager (no syncing though)
Astro file manager
mvideoplayer

NO TASK KILLERS!!!!

valhallasky

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Gauge Battery Widget is what I use. I've tried many other widgets, but this was the final victor. Really, it's personal preference.

I third the vote for Astrid.

I have Tasker auto adjust my screen brightness settings based on time of day. (Of course, Tasker is doing a LOT of other things too)

As far as apps I can't live without: AppBrain, Tasker, UltimateJuice, and Smart Shortcuts.

Cheers!

downbeat4

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I just use the stock power widget, but may check out some of these recommendations.

As for a to do list I cannot live (yes I can) without Melon. It allows you to save a note and allows you to "add it as toast". This makes the reminder do a bubble pop up everytime you take your phone out of sleep mode . It vedy vedy helpful. ;)

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah but you pay for RTM....

I use Astrid Tasks sync with Remember the Milk and I dont pay for it.

On the other hand, the widget is very very nice as well!

The stock power widget allows easy brightness control

If you really want a battery manager with no battery drain, why not just let the stock battery icon in the notification bar be what you use..... it will warn you at 14% and 9%.

Charge your battery every time you can!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use Astrid Tasks sync with Remember the Milk and I dont pay for it.

On the other hand, the widget is very very nice as well!

The stock power widget allows easy brightness control

If you really want a battery manager with no battery drain, why not just let the stock battery icon in the notification bar be what you use..... it will warn you at 14% and 9%.

Charge your battery every time you can!

How do you not pay for RTM?

mvershel

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas so far. I started using Astrid/RTM (no fee for RTM so far). It works well, but doesn't sync well to Outlook -- I tried sprinxCRM software but the "task notes" didn't sync well. I'll have to try touchdown next

Also, I've been using bump charging and that helps A LOT. Using Quick Settings is really good too.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I use Battery Indicator Pro for my battery status. I love it. it's nice being able to always see how much battery I have left at the top of every screen including the lock screen, as opposed to a widget. It did nothing at all to my battery.

There is also a free version but I wanted the better resolution and the ability to change the color. Well worth the $0.99 to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37