I just got my a Droid Incredible. I'm trying to find the best apps for these key items:

1 - Managing the battery (% left, etc) that doesn't drain the battery itself
    2 - easy way to switch between brightness levels & auto-brightness (the builtin power bar shuts the display off as one of the choices -- that's hard to deal with)
    3 - a todo/task list app that can sync to Outlook Exchange

Thanks!
    Mark

p.s. if there are any other "must have" apps you'd suggest, please let me know
    08-18-2010 07:35 PM
    3) Remember the milk I think can do this, but it is a subscription.

Jorte calendar
    Astrid task manager (no syncing though)
    Astro file manager
    mvideoplayer

NO TASK KILLERS!!!!
    08-18-2010 08:16 PM
    2) I use Brighteriffic for this - it works well and it is free
    08-18-2010 09:22 PM
    Quick Settings
    http://market.android.com/search?q=p...om.bwx.bequick

Note the Android Market URL link only works on your Android phone. It will NOT work if you type it into a browser.

Sent from my Android phone via EasyShare.
    08-19-2010 01:20 AM
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-19-2010 03:34 AM
    Tasks - Astrid links to Remember the Milk (without subscription)
    08-19-2010 06:52 AM
    Gauge Battery Widget is what I use. I've tried many other widgets, but this was the final victor. Really, it's personal preference.

I third the vote for Astrid.

I have Tasker auto adjust my screen brightness settings based on time of day. (Of course, Tasker is doing a LOT of other things too)

As far as apps I can't live without: AppBrain, Tasker, UltimateJuice, and Smart Shortcuts.

Cheers!
    08-19-2010 07:14 AM
    I just use the stock power widget, but may check out some of these recommendations.

As for a to do list I cannot live (yes I can) without Melon. It allows you to save a note and allows you to "add it as toast". This makes the reminder do a bubble pop up everytime you take your phone out of sleep mode . It vedy vedy helpful.
    08-19-2010 09:04 AM
    Tasks - Astrid links to Remember the Milk (without subscription)
    yeah but you pay for RTM....
    08-19-2010 09:08 AM
    yeah but you pay for RTM....
    I use Astrid Tasks sync with Remember the Milk and I dont pay for it.

On the other hand, the widget is very very nice as well!

The stock power widget allows easy brightness control

If you really want a battery manager with no battery drain, why not just let the stock battery icon in the notification bar be what you use..... it will warn you at 14% and 9%.

Charge your battery every time you can!
    08-19-2010 10:07 AM
    I use Touchdown for my Exchange mail. It includes synching Outlook tasks, but it's $10 (with a 30-day free trial).
    08-19-2010 11:44 AM
    I use Astrid Tasks sync with Remember the Milk and I dont pay for it.

On the other hand, the widget is very very nice as well!

The stock power widget allows easy brightness control

If you really want a battery manager with no battery drain, why not just let the stock battery icon in the notification bar be what you use..... it will warn you at 14% and 9%.

Charge your battery every time you can!
    How do you not pay for RTM?
    08-19-2010 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the ideas so far. I started using Astrid/RTM (no fee for RTM so far). It works well, but doesn't sync well to Outlook -- I tried sprinxCRM software but the "task notes" didn't sync well. I'll have to try touchdown next

Also, I've been using bump charging and that helps A LOT. Using Quick Settings is really good too.
    08-20-2010 01:25 PM
    I use Battery Indicator Pro for my battery status. I love it. it's nice being able to always see how much battery I have left at the top of every screen including the lock screen, as opposed to a widget. It did nothing at all to my battery.

There is also a free version but I wanted the better resolution and the ability to change the color. Well worth the $0.99 to me.
    08-20-2010 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD