Yahoo Business Email

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
There have been lots of posts about setting up regular Yahoo email on the Droid but I haven't seen too many for Yahoo Business Email. My company uses Yahoo for hosting and email solutions. (They're pretty good). I had a hard time getting my mail to work but after going through this forum (and some iPhone forums which were actually more helpful than I thought they'd be), I got it to work with folder access as well.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and use these settings:

Email Address: Your email
Username: Your email
Password: Your password

INCOMING
Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 143
Security type: none

OUTGOING
Check login required
SMTP Server- smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
Port: 25
Security type: none

You don't get push but its worked for me consistently and you do get to access folders. (Still doesn't work over wifi)

lert07

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been having issues with my Yahoo! Biz email and I just spent a good amount of time on the phone with their help desk. The IMAP info has changed. The correct info is:

INCOMING
Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 993
Security type: Yes SSL

OUTGOING
Check login required
SMTP Server- smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
Security type: Yes SSL and Use Authentication

Furthermore, if you prefer to use POP

Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

memogcal

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to see all your folders on the android platform when you set that up?

I managed to set it up but i can not archive anything because my folders are not there on the android phone.
I used to have an Iphone and they all showed up. Tried to contact Yahoo biz but was on hold for quite a few minutes so i gave up.
Any help will be appreciated.