Sooo, I am using a Droid Incredible stock as it came out of the box. Just yesterday I started getting this message when trying to refresh my News Feed using the Face book app:

"An error had occurred while fetching data. [null]"

It will not update anything. I have not downloaded any new apps and am unsure as to what might be causing this issue. Has anyone else experienced this or have a suggestion on what I can do to resolve the issue?

I have tried logging out and back in again. I have tried clearing data and force stopping the app within the manage applications settings. It says I am running version 112 in case that means anything.

Thanks for the help in advance for any info you can provide.
    08-21-2010 12:00 AM
    Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook?

Whenever I get that message it's because of a network error.
    08-21-2010 12:06 AM
    I've had that error several times I'm my Droid Eris. After awhile it usually fixes itself.
    08-21-2010 12:08 AM
    Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook?

Whenever I get that message it's because of a network error.
    There is no "uninstall" option under the "Manage Applications" setting.
    08-21-2010 12:53 AM
    There is no "uninstall" option under the "Manage Applications" setting.
    Ah, I forgot it was a system app so you can't uninstall.
    08-21-2010 01:12 AM
    Getting the exact same error. Only happens when I update news. Other aspects of the app work fine. Interested to know if there is a fix.
    08-21-2010 09:45 AM
    UPDATE: Fixed. I simply went to the marketplace and installed that version of FB over the version that came preinstalled with the Incredible. The interface looks a bit different and the error went away.
    08-21-2010 09:55 AM
    Mikestorm is correct... You need to go to the market and that will update the pre-installed Facebook app and should fix your issues... Because it was pre-installed, the market will not tell you an update is available...
    08-21-2010 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD