NEED HELP! wont let me send video message

nick237

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
everytime i go to send a video through a text message it says size limit reached no matter how long it is. how do i fix this problem?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
At 320 x 240 resolution, a 10 second recording can be sent via MMS.... that is set at 1MB on the time allowance.

kg2014

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've come to conclusion that since the ICE CREAM Update on my HTC Evo 3D it has changed the file to a .MP4 from a .3G2 video file. I have not changed any resolutions prior to or after the update. The phone all on it's own just decided to not accept any video regardless of its size. It's based on the file type.

Kedmun Sitterley

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I agree. No matter how low I changed the resolution (240p), quality (low), video length (down to 15 secs), it would not send still giving a message about file size. As soon as I changed it from an .mp4 to a 3gp format using AndroVid Pro the longer video sent fine (45 seconds?) with normal settings otherwise from the original video.

djjustpaul

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
WOW!!!! this is my 1st post and this is also my 1st droid... I got one 'cause the new iPhone is so VERY ridiculously expensive, but.... I have to say, I'm saving up for my iphone5s.

I've been reading around about this "can't send video text" and this is but one many forms, boards, discussions about the issue I've seen.
Major fault of droid, or it's carriers or mms it's self in desperate need of upgrades...
What ever it is, It's forcing me back to iPhone ASAP!

SO far not to impressed with the S3

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you want to sell your device there is a forum for it.
I find that videos sent to me from iphone users and vice versa is severely compressed.
You have an S3 but are posting this in the droid incredible forum.
The DINC isn't 4g, which may have something to do with, along with the fact that the DINC is 3 years old.
Now with the S3, I would post something in that forum. Problem I see is that the video quality that is taken by smartphones exceeds the bandwidth that carriers are allowing.
Alternative may be to upload it to dropbox and send out a link. PITA I know, but just thinking of a workaround.

djjustpaul

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
tony bag o donuts.

thank you for the tips. sorry for the "sales" mention, I have edited the post. In the future, I will use better judgement before posting anything at all.

Best

DJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol