Now I live in a Dual-Android Household

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So my wife just jumped on the Android team. She had to have a keyboard and picked up the D2. Of course it comes stock w/froyo and I am running Skyraider 2.5.2 on my Inc. I gotta say after playing with her D2 tonight The Incredible is really Incredible. I knew that before but this sealed it today. Now I am not saying her D2 isnt good because it is great...I am a firm believer that you cant go wrong with any high end Android devise right now. But the Inc is just so fast and crisp and the amoled screen blows the D2 away. Plus I am not really a fan of Motos UI. I used to have screen envy when looking at the Galaxy S but I jacked my brightness up and the Inc is right there with it.

Anyway I am just sharing the love affair I have with the Inc. It is the best phone on the market hands down and should be getting a heck of alot more love than is right now....now if only I can talk her into letting me cook her D2.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife is getting her Incredible next week. She is finally moving off her Storm 1, just like I did. :D

On a side note, I had a BBQ this weekend and there was one other Incredible and at least two other Android devices in attendance.

danman7

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I preordered my Dinc and have had it since launch day, and I picked a Droid X up for my wife on it's launch day.

She came from a Voyager, so losing the physical keyboard was a change for her, but she's been thrilled with it.

I don't miss the keyboard I had on my Touch Pro, at all. Nor do I miss Windows Mobile.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My wife got her Incredible about 10 days ago. Funny thing is she walked into the store planning on getting the D2 because she figured she would want the physical keyboard (we have BBs). I told her I have played with the X, D2 and the Inc, and the UI on the Inc can't be beat. After about 2 hours she walked out buying the Inc. She agreed, the others were just a bit choppier and didn't even access 1 or 2 particular websites she has to have access to. Anyway...soon we'll have two Droid phones in the house also.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
What? Since when can one Android device access different web sites than another?

"Access" might not have been the right word. The Inc "rendered" the website better, meaning it was more usable. Just her experience, and since this is a website she uses for work, it made her decision a little easier.

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My family is all iPhone or dumb phones haha I broke the Android bubble and well my uncle with the iPhone 4 is even a little jealous

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My lucky wife get my hand me down so right now she has the MOTO Droid and will get the Incredible once a better phone is released. My son has a dumb phone but still begs me for my BB tour which I keep just for a back up phone.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You can pass the Inc to your son when you are ready for the next upgrade in two years. He should be chompin' at the bit for a phone by then. :)

Hes chomping at the bit now...7 YEARS OLD...this world is crazy...I wonder if there is a child Android device in the works, one that limits the number accessibility...kind of like this one:

5QqqituUk92GUR6bT0RUm2_-W5tvuAi1O4TEDBDhKYzniYWQ8fvKO2bpuvj06VeE2oQjWl5MoKP1UVrr-0UgGq3wg1yL9uKFJBZQZazEo9Pt4f4zGhWlHgU_LZX4AKC2qmpJIAHeelLOI2ovJfhGd9C3mZ9NxLcLMYAUBXclmH_1Hf_CLWYeBEWyiZKN-fo3qh8v

Wait that kind of looks like an Android ;)

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I just wanna say that when my friend (who's on Verizon) told me she got a new Android phone, I was super excited to find out which flavor of Droid she got.

me: what new android phone did you get???
her: lg ally!

WTF?!

While I'm happy that my friends are gettin into Android, they're also back-handedly torturing me...my other two friends got new devices too: an Aria and a Backflip. WHYYYYYYY!?

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, my 7 year old daughter love my Inc as well. She loves the games and is surprisingly very careful with it.

I like that lil phone.....I may start her off with a text ONLY phone.....who knows.

Ya, I passed my Tour to my husband, we'll see how long he lasts on that thing. He eyes my phone all the time and just says that he is fine with it....but sooooonnnnn the droid bug will bite him too!

Steve20

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Between me and my 6 friends living with me in our places down at school we have 3, soon to be 4 android phones. I have an Evo, there is a Captivate and Vibrant, and the soon-to-be-android is getting a Droid brand phone. Unfortunately, the other three guys have a BlackBerry, iPhone 4, and some feature phone. I have a feeling they will convert.

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You can pass the Inc to your son when you are ready for the next upgrade in two years. He should be chompin' at the bit for a phone by then. :)

That was the first thing my 8 year old asked when my wife and got our pre-ordered Incredibles the day before it was launched.

Asked as I handed her my Palm Centro to be used as a MP3 player....
Her: "Hey dad does that mean when you upgrade again in two years I get your Incredible?"
Me: "Well I suppose so but it won't work as a phone"
Her: "Don't care, it looks cool anyway!"

To my wife's credit she thought the D1 was "too clunky" and wanted the Nexus One or Incredible that were both rumored at that point and decided to wait. I decided to wait too because those devices had SO much better specs that I didn't want her to mock me for getting the D1. I have to say I am glad I waited.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My sons are eligible for their NE2 upgrade in January. They want Android phones so bad they can taste it. If only there was an Android device that you could get the $9.99 data plan on instead of the $30. They don't need that much since they will mostly use the wifi at home. They are onlly 11 and 13. They don't need unlimited internet but would really like an Android phone.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My sons are eligible for their NE2 upgrade in January. They want Android phones so bad they can taste it. If only there was an Android device that you could get the $9.99 data plan on instead of the $30. They don't need that much since they will mostly use the wifi at home. They are onlly 11 and 13. They don't need unlimited internet but would really like an Android phone.

Get off-contract Eris's or Droid 1's off ebay/craigslist. not like they care if they have a 1GHz processor or anything. Verizon might let you add the $10 data plan then; if not, you at least have WiFi at home.

srh.pres.usx

DOXA?holic
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
All Android family here. Me: DX. Wife (sold her Droid 1), son, daughter: all DInc's. Other daughter: Eris (she got the hand-me down).

and I got one other son, but he doesn't count: iPhone 3g... (insert boos and hisses here)... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty