He Chose...Poorly

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
People just get caught up in all the hype. They dont realize how far Android phones have evolved. When I first got my Iphone it was the coolest thing ever. After 3 replacements, constant problems, and being trapped in Apples "gated garden" I realized Iphones are more toy and novalty than phone and tool.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You guys are such fanboys. There's nothing wrong with the iPhone. There's nothing wrong with (some) Android phones. I've got both and I'm glad I do. I don't think I'd want to give up either of them.

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy if you are right. At this point in time, being free of the liver stealing CEO of a fruit company in Cupertino, CA is well worth that oh-so-awful stigma of "fanboy". At least I am not an equivocator.

Yeah, the iphone sucks.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
You guys are such fanboys. There's nothing wrong with the iPhone. There's nothing wrong with (some) Android phones. I've got both and I'm glad I do. I don't think I'd want to give up either of them.

+1

I totally agree. I hate how everyone thinks their know better than the person who will actually use the phone. To each his own.

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So just because someone thinks an Android is better than an Iphone their a fanboy? To each his own is right. Iphone for some, Android for others. My real problem isn't with the Iphone, its with Apple. When you build up all this hype about how your new top of the line phone is the most advanced, well built phone ever, and all other phones pale in comparison. Then when it comes out and doesn't work, and your only defense is "well other phones do it too", thats a cop out.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree about the finger pointing by apple that did make them look like babies.

If they just admited it , which I think they did , but then like saying well look at those they do it too is like narcing on everybody else and whining about it . Abmit it and move on be grown up about it , not a narc ! LoL :p

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was in a chatroom on palringo the other day and everyone was going all iPhone gung ho... till I read off the specs on my X. At that point all I got was "woah" then I gave them a nice long list of reasons why androids interface was better, what it could do that apples couldn't backed up with screen shots. The conversation changed quickly after that!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
So just because someone thinks an Android is better than an Iphone their a fanboy? To each his own is right. Iphone for some, Android for others. My real problem isn't with the Iphone, its with Apple. When you build up all this hype about how your new top of the line phone is the most advanced, well built phone ever, and all other phones pale in comparison. Then when it comes out and doesn't work, and your only defense is "well other phones do it too", thats a cop out.

I believe your thought process behind this thinking is correct but worded differently. As much as we would like to think Android phone manufacturers are more pure than Apple when admitting mistakes, because they would follow Google's mistake admitting, it simply isn't true. EVERY phone maker tells the world that their phone is the most advanced, better than every phone out there, etc etc etc. Then if something doesn't work correctly, they ALL either lie about it or sweep it under the rug.

With that being said however, luckily, we haven't had an incident yet. And most errors with the phones are addressed in patches from either Moto, HTC, or Google pretty quickly. So all is good on that front.

My main problem isn't with Apple, they are brilliant on the (dare I say?) Hitler level! They have people believing in a philosophy that simply isn't true and bringing more people in by the day! My problem isn't with the phone itself, it really is a good piece of art and engineering mixed. The style of it makes me envious, granted you can ignore the antenna issue lol. No what makes me mad is what makes me mad about anything in the world. The extremists. Not the average iPhone user who is dumb and in love with the app architecture they are living in, the extremists.

Don't be dumb about it either Android has those same people, Palm does, Christianity does, EVERYTHING does. It's those people that make a good product go from another oppressed system that people are willing to fight for, to the dark side.....but not the Darth Vader dark side much more like the Space Ballz dark side. (Helmet too big and voice to squeaky).

The evangelists from either side are just as annoying. Granted I do side with Android. Because unlike probably 80-90% of the crowd I've had the pleasure of messing with all kinds of makes a models of phones. And I have to say Android is just more.....of everything. Ok give the app market a bit so that we start building on top of the already numerous apps out there. Let some of the iPhone favorites of people move to Android (angry birds etc) and keep letting AT&T / Apple piss on people and before you know it, it's an Android world.

So what make me mad about the smart phone world? The users.....lol.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I love this thread....

My boss is one of the iphone extremists... and i dont think he has EVER even layed a finger on a iphone.

Funny!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
One of the people who work for me has a MacBook and had to send it back three times under warranty. I asked him if a broken Mac by definition voids the Warranty... because Mac's don't break!

I got the stink eye. LOL

No really, it?s true. Apple products never break. I saw it on TV or the Interwebs or something. ;)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
+1 with Qazme...just didn't want to quote his novella :)

Seriously, is an device 100% the best? nope, but if one person has a standard flip phone will you say yours is better because it can get email, etc.? He may only need it for calls, etc.

Each phone has it's place. I just don't like being told basically "Last year I told you the 3gs was the greatest phone ever. Well this year that phone is a POS so buy the new one instead" speeches from Jobs.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
One of the people who work for me has a MacBook and had to send it back three times under warranty. I asked him if a broken Mac by definition voids the Warranty... because Mac's don't break!

I got the stink eye. LOL

No really, it?s true. Apple products never break. I saw it on TV or the Interwebs or something. ;)

Yeah kind of like people saying you can't get a virus or malware on a MAC sheesh.

YouTube - Apple Mac malware: caught on camera

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah kind of like people saying you can't get a virus or malware on a MAC sheesh.

YouTube - Apple Mac malware: caught on camera

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that!

I'd be like Recession... What Recession! ;)

I agree with your novella. It's not the products it's the Cult following and the "we're never wrong" corporate attitude that really gets me. Apple has such a long history of shafting their partners that I'm amazed every time I read about a new partnership with Apple. Then again those who won't learn from history...

There are some clients I've recommended Mac's to, and others I've steered away from the Mac based upon their needs. However, I have on at least 5 occasions, walked in to a "Please set up my new Mac." situation where the owner succumbed to a F*** it I'm buying a Mac impulse. I was generally back about a month later setting up new PC's because the programs and tools they really needed were not available for the Mac.

A kid I hired 6 years ago out of High School now works for Apple in CA. Man o man ochevitz! He drinks so much of the Kool-Aid that he has a permanent pink mustache!

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that!

I'd be like Recession... What Recession! ;)

I agree with your novella. It's not the products it's the Cult following and the "we're never wrong" corporate attitude that really gets me. Apple has such a long history of shafting their partners that I'm amazed every time I read about a new partnership with Apple. Then again those who won't learn from history...

There are some clients I've recommended Mac's to, and others I've steered away from the Mac based upon their needs. However, I have on at least 5 occasions, walked in to a "Please set up my new Mac." situation where the owner succumbed to a F*** it I'm buying a Mac impulse. I was generally back about a month later setting up new PC's because the programs and tools they really needed were not available for the Mac.

A kid I hired 6 years ago out of High School not works for Apple in CA. Man o man ochevitz! He drinks so much of the Kool-Aid that he has a permanent pink mustache!

I never recommend MACs to people. Why? They aren't open, if you need something for them call Apple. Parts, applications, maintenance, etc are all more expensive. And most apps now like Photoshop, lightroom, animator, cad etc all run just as good if not better on PC's now. I guess they pissed on Adobe for too long! lol.

Spaniard85

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Agreed. Having had an iPhone and missing it sorely when first coming back to VZW and now loving his Droid, I can speak from both sides of the fence. I'm pissed off for iPhone 4 owners, because to me having a device with that kind of public presence have such a flaw is completely unacceptable.

But like mentioned before, to each his own. I'll never talk down about either, merely talk about the facts and experiences with each device of my own.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not just the phone. I don't care if the iphone was the greatest phone in every aspect, I'm still not switching to AT&T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia