RUU to OTA?

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found out if the RUU will break future otas? This is the only question keeping me from doing it right now. I actually have it downloaded, just waiting for some kind of news one way or the other.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got it downloaded but waiting on the OTA too.Its only a few more days now anyhoo lol :D

Sent using Tapatalk

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
lol you guys are worried about breaking future otas from verizon? thats comical. at the rate they release new otas, you'll be onto your next phone by the time you have to worry about it...

hcole623

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to go to the OTA from the RUU? Call it OCD but I desperately want to do this. Plus I'm having a few problems in 2.2 and people have recommended reset'ing my Dinc. Do I have to go back to 2.1 then do the update.zip? Please advise!

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
1. The RUU and the OTA provide identical builds/baseband version/software numbers. The problem that EVO owners had was that the RUU that leaked differed from the final build that was pushed OTA, and there was no direct upgrade path.

2. You cannot go from the RUU to the OTA because they are exactly the same. Did you try a wipe (from recovery, not from settings)?

agolz12

May 19, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I updated my phone with the RUU and then when the update.zip came out I updated my phone with that, the two are the same but my phone went through the usual motions of updating the phone when I applied the update.zip

hcole623

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
1. The RUU and the OTA provide identical builds/baseband version/software numbers. The problem that EVO owners had was that the RUU that leaked differed from the final build that was pushed OTA, and there was no direct upgrade path.

2. You cannot go from the RUU to the OTA because they are exactly the same. Did you try a wipe (from recovery, not from settings)?

How would I go about a wipe from 'recovery' as opposed to settings?

hcole623

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
bump, any info on what exactly the difference in a reset via 'recovery' vs from settings is? and how would I reset from recovery?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
bump, any info on what exactly the difference in a reset via 'recovery' vs from settings is? and how would I reset from recovery?

Sorry, I got busy this week and forgot about responding to you.

1. Turn off the phone.
2. Holding down the "volume down" button, touch the power button (keep holding down the volume button until the phone boots)
3. The phone should boot to Hboot. Use the volume down to select "recovery," then press the power button to select.
4. When you get the screen with a big red exclamation point, press "power" and "volume up" buttons at the same time.
5. From the menu, scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset".

You'll lose all apps, all settings and data, and will have to reactivate. Basically back to factory fresh (assuming your phone came with 2.2). Good luck. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital