Froyo OTA: First Impressions

scottfromga

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that a few of my apps are FC'ing more now....when I rooted to 2.2 with the leaked ROM, I had he same thing happen and just assumed that it was a problem with that ROM. It's not as bad with the Official OTA, but it's still happening.

and the music app now doesn't list my albums by artist names anymore. They are listed under "Unknown Artist" and when you click on it, it lists all the albums names. I don't like this at all....why would they even change that?

to answer the Slacker question, I had a few "Playback problems, please press play to restart the channel" things popup last night, kinda annoyed me too.

twistedjustice81285

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that a few of my apps are FC'ing more now....when I rooted to 2.2 with the leaked ROM, I had he same thing happen and just assumed that it was a problem with that ROM. It's not as bad with the Official OTA, but it's still happening.

and the music app now doesn't list my albums by artist names anymore. They are listed under "Unknown Artist" and when you click on it, it lists all the albums names. I don't like this at all....why would they even change that?

to answer the Slacker question, I had a few "Playback problems, please press play to restart the channel" things popup last night, kinda annoyed me too.

How about the sound quality? Is it any different?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Pandora works great on my phone just like it did on 2.1 sorry I don't use Slacker so not sure how it works.

My music list is by artist last name just like before not sure why your having problems. Maybe remove your music then re sync it.

I have not had a FC yet and my sound quality seems to be the same.

ftumph

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Hold Tight

just wondering I haven't gotten my update... Did they quit doing it or something..

It's probably being phased out over time to not overload their servers (and make sure they don't suddenly get flooded with support calls). It may take a few days for it to show up. If a lot of people don't have it by next weekend I'd start to get concerned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12