[How-To] Get the OTA download location and share it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyFF

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
And a return msg of the following means what?

"checkin:success"

Woohoo, I hit their servers...their servers are not showing an update for my esn yet I suppose.

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Android Newb here, but just installed the alogcat on the Dinc. in case the update comes through soon.
Thanks for the How To !

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I'm fairly certain that the check-in stuff has been widely misreported. That is the service the OS uses to check in for market updates. I don't think it has anything to do with system updates.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
*#*#checkin#*#* Where do you type this and is it with or without the quotation marks?

You put it in with the keypad.

*#*#2432546#*#* and it runs as soon as you type in the last one.

Guys, I'm fairly certain that the check-in stuff has been widely misreported. That is the service the OS uses to check in for market updates. I don't think it has anything to do with system updates.

Yeah all it does is look to see if your phone needs any updates from the market. It has nothing to do with OTAs for the OS.

Defiant103

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
all it does is just check the market? the log even looks like it is reregistering with VZW after you run that and I don't get market alerts when using it. Tho, I guess it would explain the OTA alert that comes in the log when running it saying that the server cancels something... Wonder why all the nexus one guys swore by it. Ah well.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Bumping this for the new people who are getting their update...

On a side note, I really wish other forum members would stop bashing those who got their update and did not grab the UPDATE.ZIP file... When someone who knows how to do it and has the time to do it gets the update, it will be posted...

This is a great community, but I'm getting tired of seeing people bashing other members, especially the ones who have just joined us...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
all it does is just check the market? the log even looks like it is reregistering with VZW after you run that and I don't get market alerts when using it. Tho, I guess it would explain the OTA alert that comes in the log when running it saying that the server cancels something... Wonder why all the nexus one guys swore by it. Ah well.

Well you have to remember one important difference. Those guys aren't on Verizon. On another network it may actually check for system updates, but those networks work very differently than CDMA.

I'm getting tired of people coming here to brag about getting it. Obviously they aren't very active in the community with the exception of coming here to gloat about getting it - or they would have gotten the link to the update.zip file.

Really? How exactly do you "gloat" or get mad by someone "gloating" over an update that is readily available if you are willing to do it through another method. The update.zip and the RUU do the same thing to your phone. Granted the RUU deletes somethings the update.zip won't, however you could always root install titanium backup (all of that takes about 5 minutes or less) do a full backup on everything. Use the RUU to flash your phone, root it restore the backup and then unroot if you think it's necessary. It's not a major thing.

Personally I HIGHLY doubt people just sign up on the site to "gloat" about getting an update on their phone. Sheesh.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If they don't come here just to gloat then why do they go "WOO JUST GOT THE UPDATE!!!" and then 5 minutes later when people say "why didn't you get the update.zip" they answer with "oh i didnt even read anything about that...."

Because they are only here to glooooaaaaattttt.

I wouldn't let it bother you. If it upset you that bad and you want the update that bad just RUU your phone, or install one of the rooted ROMs built from the official update. Pretty simple. While it does make the phone a good bit better it's nothing earth shattering. If I was you I wouldn't let it bother me.

devereauxx

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to verify you have to have this program alogcat and not be rooted right? ive already run the unrevoked and unrevoked forever on my dinc but not gone back to day one status.

Jason-Droid

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No Froyo delivery yet

Monday 4pm Central time in Chicago...Nothing yet. I heard an Ice Cream Truck roll by and I started to run out the door but then I realized the guy driving probably didn't have the update.zip I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance