Visit site
Install aLogcat:

aLogcat - Logcat Application
by Jeffrey Blattman
10,000 downloads, 433 ratings (4.6 avg)
Free
rating9.png

chart

• When/if you see the notification that you have an update available -- stop everything and run the aLogcat app.
  • Send the log file to yourself via email (that's built into the app)
  • Look through the log file on your computer, searching for a URL
  • Try any URL's that you find on your computer's browser
  • When you find one that downloads a zip file, save the zip file to your computer
  • Shout from the rooftops, and share that URL
  • Then upload and mirror it somewhere
  • Email me: jerry.hildenbrand@androidcentral.com , and we will get you on the front page

I'm getting tired of looking all over the intertubes for someone who has the URL, and I don't even have a Dinc :p

As long as you have installed aLogcat, if you get the notification that an update is available and you're confused, holler in the forums for help!

Whatever you do, don't post up the log file you get from aLogcat on the forums -- it's got personal info in it that you don't want to share with the general public! Any AC mods or writers can help you, and I will personally vouch for each of them if you need to send your log file to someone and have nobody else you trust.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting this, gbhill!

The more people who know how to do this, the faster we'll get this community upgraded (and the less I'll have to wait!) :cool:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for posting this, gbhill!

The more people who know how to do this, the faster we'll get this community upgraded (and the less I'll have to wait!) :cool:

I promise ALL of us here at AC are just as impatient as you guys waiting for the OTA, and the staff members that use Dinc's are probably about to explode lol.

You guys have went through enough while waiting for Dinc's to get back in stock, watching other phones get their Froyo on, and feeling like nobody cares about the Dinc. It's about time one of the best smartphones in the world gets the spotlight back :)

netw0rks

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
This is awesome.. Right before i fell to sleep last night i was thinking i could run wireshark and sniff out the download location from there. This is probably alot easier to use.

There is a supposed leaked RUU of the OTA but frankly i don't trust its official. I'd rarther wait until someone sniffs out the official download location.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This is awesome.. Right before i fell to sleep last night i was thinking i could run wireshark and sniff out the download location from there. This is probably alot easier to use.

There is a supposed leaked RUU of the OTA but frankly i don't trust its official. I'd rarther wait until someone sniffs out the official download location.

I understand your trepidation, but it's been confirmed that the RUU from ShippedRoms loads up the same build/baseband/kernel/software number as the OTA. They are identical -- just two different methods for install.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Hopefully someone pops up an update.zip! Almost tempted to flash back factory fresh to see if I can get it.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you know, I think that's part of the problem. The "Android capable" crowd have generally already gone the RUU or root/rom path, so they really couldn't care less about all this OTA drama, so they aren't even in the game to pull the zip file.

If I don't have the OTA or update file in my hand by tomorrow, I'll be out of the game, too as I'm going the RUU route (can't root, IT guys will tar/feather/frickasse me) -- I'm not afraid of the wipe/restore, I just don't want to bother with it (setting up my accounts again, setting all my notification preferences, linking all my 500 contacts to their facebook profiles... such a pain...)

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
BUMP!
this needs to be at the top of the threads!
so many people say, "hey, just got it 5 min ago".

SHARE THE FROYO

It really is killing me. I know they mean well and don't know any better, but I just want to enlist a size 7 red font and scream at those dudes. But it's not their fault, so I hold my tongue in that thread.

So I'll b*tch here instead! Stoopid fraking noobs! Gaw! :mad:

There, that's better. :)

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys.

I've had my DInc for almost a month now and am loving it.
I'm pretty good with tech and stuff, but not enough so that I feel comfortable rooting, that being said I've installed the app and will try to catch the link for you when my FroYo comes... lets just hope it comes soon!!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going insane waiting for the upgrade, so when I get it, I'll take the time to capture the log... If no one else posts, I'll pass it along...

Defiant103

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
so i have no idea if this even relates, but saw OTA in the log so figured it was worth mentioning:

ran *#*#checkin#*#*
opened log viewer
sending checkin request..
few lines of whatnot then:

I/CheckinService(77): From Server: Intent [ act=android.server.checkin.FOTA_CANCEL ]
D/htcCheckinService(77) Receive cancel intent, but not by htc
then couple lines later checkin success

could mean what i already know, I don't get the update yet... or vz actively blocking the check using checkin? I dunno. newb alert. :)

Mark

Todd M

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think there is group love, but no one on here, or any other forum, is getting the updates. I think Patches said they would roll more on Monday, but @VZWSupport on Twitter said it's continually rolling out.

I think more will happen tomorrow and that's when we'll see some help, or our OTA.

Defiant103

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
LOL :confused: huh mine says no update available when I do that :confused:

Haha sorry, I'm doing the *#*#checkin#*#* code for manual check. I think going to system update in settings just would tell you if you already got the notice. When you run this code, the phone goes out and does kind of a refresh. When you run the log tracker during this process, there are two lines that look like something to so with "FOTA" gets canceled by the server. Not sure but fota does seem kinda close to froyo-over-the-air... But who knows. If big red is blocking using checkin to try and snag the update, then I'll probably stop doing it every ten minutes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.